Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Bully walking proud

  1. #1
    Pet Sitter KarenP's Avatar
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    PEI
    Posts
    337
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Bully walking proud

    Second week of puppy training and she's doing pretty good with her walks. Treats of course are a HUGE help! She's looking pretty proud of herself
    Anyone else do the puppy training thing?

    -20130709_195845-jpg -20130709_195922_5-jpg -2013-07-11-21-05-37-1-jpg

  2. #2
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    DudleysMom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsauken, NJ
    Posts
    1,548
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)
    63

    Default Re: Bully walking proud

    Oh gosh YES...if it weren't for Dudley's trainer, I don't think I would have been able to keep him. She really saved us!

    Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

  3. #3
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Bully walking proud

    OMG Karen!! She is such a doll!!!!!! She's so cute!! Those are great pictures. We did the puppy training thing and it works. She is cute as a button!

  4. #4
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Lisabear123's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga
    Posts
    2,454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Bully walking proud

    She really a a cutie! I do training w Brie regularly. She does really well w sit, down n hi-five. The come is still 50/50 unless a treat is around... Lol

  5. #5
    Pet Sitter KarenP's Avatar
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    PEI
    Posts
    337
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Bully walking proud

    Quote Originally Posted by DudleysMom View Post
    Oh gosh YES...if it weren't for Dudley's trainer, I don't think I would have been able to keep him. She really saved us!
    What issues were you having? Did you do group or one on one? We're going to petsmart. It's supposed to be a group but it's just me and Mia! Great in some ways but was hoping for more puppy socializing. But the one on one is great

  6. #6
    Pet Sitter KarenP's Avatar
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    PEI
    Posts
    337
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Bully walking proud

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    She really a a cutie! I do training w Brie regularly. She does really well w sit, down n hi-five. The come is still 50/50 unless a treat is around... Lol
    Treats are the only way lol. She's pretty good with all of those things. I'm trying to work with her on stay. But she wants to follow the treat

  7. #7
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Lisabear123's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga
    Posts
    2,454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Bully walking proud

    Quote Originally Posted by KarenP View Post
    Treats are the only way lol. She's pretty good with all of those things. I'm trying to work with her on stay. But she wants to follow the treat
    Lmao! I gave up on stay temporarily for that same reason! I'll get back to it tho, just need to get myself ready first. Ha ha. With cone, it's funny cos you can see her contemplating...do I really need or want to do that? Meh..ok on my way, or yeah..maybe later mom..but if she even thinks a treat s involved..speed of light!

  8. #8
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    DudleysMom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsauken, NJ
    Posts
    1,548
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)
    63

    Default Re: Bully walking proud

    Quote Originally Posted by KarenP View Post
    What issues were you having? Did you do group or one on one? We're going to petsmart. It's supposed to be a group but it's just me and Mia! Great in some ways but was hoping for more puppy socializing. But the one on one is great
    We did one-on-one training. He was young...maybe 12 weeks or so -- but he seemed to love it. He LOVED the trainer. She also works at his vet's and he freaks out when we go in and he hears her voice. And we had homework -- I worked with him pretty much every day. When we started, he would not walk, he was always biting me, he was a terror. Now, the trainer didn't stop the biting, but she showed me things to do and she explained how his jaw would keep growing for about 2 years, etc. I could not say enough wonderful things about her!

    Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

  9. #9
    Pet Sitter KarenP's Avatar
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    PEI
    Posts
    337
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Bully walking proud

    Quote Originally Posted by DudleysMom View Post
    We did one-on-one training. He was young...maybe 12 weeks or so -- but he seemed to love it. He LOVED the trainer. She also works at his vet's and he freaks out when we go in and he hears her voice. And we had homework -- I worked with him pretty much every day. When we started, he would not walk, he was always biting me, he was a terror. Now, the trainer didn't stop the biting, but she showed me things to do and she explained how his jaw would keep growing for about 2 years, etc. I could not say enough wonderful things about her!
    Biting is a big issue with Mia. Also.. when she gets hyper she literally jumps of the ground (she gets good air lol)and tries to bite my hands/arms. She's ruined a few pairs of my pants with those teeth!

  10. #10
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11481

    Default Re: Bully walking proud

    Darn cute and proud... as she should be!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •