cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
With the temps today hitting 99 degrees F in the shade, the last thing the boys want to do is run around and play. We got a little walk at 6:30 this a.m and I knew they'd be konked out for most of the day after that.

And wouldn't you know it, today was the Pasadena Half Marathon/10K/5K race and they were supposed to run past by my house. Streets were all blocked off but I haven't seen one runner all day! :confused:

IMG_4399.jpg IMG_3352.jpg

How's the weather where you are?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have to admit, we're off our heat wave since Thursday or Friday, nice mid 80's today. slight breeze, partly sunny, with scattered showers

feel bad for you all in the heat,
we hate the hot dog days

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
With the temps today hitting 99 degrees F in the shade, the last thing the boys want to do is run around and play.

I heard about that marathon on the radio this morning and just started to laugh, the last time I remember weather like this was a Bruin game at the Rose Bowl where it was 115 back in 2004.
My backyard patio says 112 right now. And Buster feels exactly the same way Camera_1_.jpg STAY COOL over there!!! :D

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I heard about that marathon on the radio this morning and just started to laugh, the last time I remember weather like this was a Bruin game at the Rose Bowl where it was 115 back in 2004.
My backyard patio says 112 right now. And Buster feels exactly the same way View attachment 47195 STAY COOL over there!!! :D

I'm really curious to know how many people showed up for the marathon today b/c seriously, I saw nobody on my street! hopefully there weren't a lot of people w/heat stroke! You stay cool there too. Buster looks so relaxed :)

I have to admit, we're off our heat wave since Thursday or Friday, nice mid 80's today. slight breeze, partly sunny, with scattered showers

feel bad for you all in the heat,
we hate the hot dog days

Nice break for you guys, Sherry. It's supposed to cool down around Tues of this week...upper/mid 80's thru the 4th of July. I like warm weather but this is just suffocatingly hot!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
With the temps today hitting 99 degrees F in the shade, the last thing the boys want to do is run around and play. We got a little walk at 6:30 this a.m and I knew they'd be konked out for most of the day after that.

And wouldn't you know it, today was the Pasadena Half Marathon/10K/5K race and they were supposed to run past by my house. Streets were all blocked off but I haven't seen one runner all day! :confused:

View attachment 47193 View attachment 47194

How's the weather where you are?

:tapfoot: ohhhh...looky Miss "I Love The Heat" NOW! :tease:
My backyard patio says 112 right now. And Buster feels exactly the same way View attachment 47195 STAY COOL over there!!! :D

Rose bowls sucks when it's above 85! :yes:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:tapfoot: ohhhh...looky Miss "I Love The Heat" NOW! :tease:

Oh, I KNEW you that was going to bite me back in the BUTT :bitchslap:!!! and that you would be the one making sure i got bit! :goodone:
I take it all back...I do, I do, I do...I want upper 70's again...heck, I'll even take low 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Your boys are having a good snooze! It is hot here, too, like in the eighties! Tomorrow and Tuesday we are supposed to get up to 93. We turned on the AC today!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I saw on the news people finishing the race this mornin. Wonder if they moved the race up so people didn't overheat too much. I would say people were finishing about 10 ish? Maybe earlier? Anyone running in this heat is INSANE! :lol:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
and .... they do is so, so well and darn cute while they are at it

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I saw on the news people finishing the race this mornin. Wonder if they moved the race up so people didn't overheat too much. I would say people were finishing about 10 ish? Maybe earlier? Anyone running in this heat is INSANE! :lol:

thanks for info! I must not have been paying close attention . Just seemed really quiet around here which was a little eerie.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh, I KNEW you that was going to bite me back in the BUTT :bitchslap:!!! and that you would be the one making sure i got bit! :goodone:
I take it all back...I do, I do, I do...I want upper 70's again...heck, I'll even take low 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: funny, I was thinkingofyou today when I was at the store. Wondering how much you enjoyed it today. QUITASKING FOR WARM WEATHER!! :haha:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:lol: funny, I was thinkingofyou today when I was at the store. Wondering how much you enjoyed it today. QUITASKING FOR WARM WEATHER!! :haha:

I don't like it anymore. No. It's making me very grumpy and irritable. And not wanting to move my butt anywhere but the sofa! Sorta like what Tate and Finn were doing all day today...haha. Btw, when is fall coming?! :halloween1:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't like it anymore. No. It's making me very grumpy and irritable. And not wanting to move my butt anywhere but the sofa! Sorta like what Tate and Finn were doing all day today...haha. Btw, when is fall coming?! :halloween1:

thinking you have a long while to wait! :lol: now maybe start saying how much you like the cool weather and we can get back to comfortable round here!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.