Jolly Egg - The Best Pool Toy EVER?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

Bonus: for those of you that have pups with seasonal flank alopecia, you can see Bea's here. Without salmon oil, it's MUCH WORSE. Like two black blobs on each of her flanks.....So thumbs up to salmon oil!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
too cute!!! I haven't had a chance to get a new pool for the fur-kids but need to do it soon because Molly keeps standing in the water dish :lol: will toss some of their jolly balls in and see how they like it.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I need to get one of these. Our dog trainer, the K9 Professor, was at our home Wednesday to watch our two dogs interact when we arrived home from work. Which is typically a high stress time if there is going to be a dust up between them. While outside Ace began to dig a hole in the area that once had ornamentals that I removed when I brought him home. I asked her how to get him to stop the digging. And she said you shouldn't correct him for something that natural he is probably trying to cool off so she suggested we get a small wading pool on the patio not far from where he is digging and redirect him to it.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way I enjoyed the video

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Nothing better than watching a bully play. :2thumbs:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
So cute! And that's a great idea... I'm going to have to steal it! Aubie doesn't get to play with her jolly egg much because goes nuts and gets too hot, so using it in the pool should keep her cool enough to play for a while.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Great video of cutie pie Bea with that Jolly Egg! I never thought of putting it in the pool but will steal your idea as well once it heats up enough here to fill the pool. She looked like she was having a blast.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh that's the fun that keeps on giving. We have a couple of jolly eggs but I haven't even thought to put them in the pool. What a cute video Vicki!

Wilson got his first easonal flank alopeci too this year.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my that is awsome. hm i wonder if the bostons would play with one in their pool? of course miss thang dont do pools :nope:

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I need to get one of these. Our dog trainer, the K9 Professor, was at our home Wednesday to watch our two dogs interact when we arrived home from work. Which is typically a high stress time if there is going to be a dust up between them. While outside Ace began to dig a hole in the area that once had ornamentals that I removed when I brought him home. I asked her how to get him to stop the digging. And she said you shouldn't correct him for something that natural he is probably trying to cool off so she suggested we get a small wading pool on the patio not far from where he is digging and redirect him to it.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way I enjoyed the video

Bo likes to dig and then roll in the dirt. He does get in trouble for it though -- natural or not. I caught him in the act once and that's all it took. Now he KNOWS. He gets BLACKENED with dirt. It's an awful mess to clean up and generally, he has to go right straight into the bathtub. I notice that when he does this 1) grandma is babysitting and 2) since grandma is babysitting he's not had his normal walk. (Grandma doesn't think she can manage Bo on a leash) For this reason, I speculate that he does it out of boredom...?

Soooo adorable! Busy little Bea! We put Frank's Kong Wobble in the pool and he bats that around.

Oooo! That's a great idea!!! We have one of those too!

How much salmon oil?

I follow the directions on the bottle and dispense per weight of each dog. This was after my friend Sandra said I was probably OD-ing my dogs on Salmon Oil. LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

oh my that is awsome. hm i wonder if the bostons would play with one in their pool? of course miss thang dont do pools :nope:

Of course Miss Sarah wouldn't bother with a pool! hee hee

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
awwww...how sweet is that. Lucy likes to have the Jolly Egg and other floaty balls in her pool too. Billy likes them in theer but wont go in for them..he just puts his paw on them and chases around the edge of the pool trying to get them out :ROFL:

It really is great exercise for warm weather. Bea's not what you would call a "vigorous walker" like Bo. After a day playing in the pool, she sleeps like a ROCK for a couple of days even!

Most Reactions