JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Up until today, I haven't heard Sally make a sound except for when she was sick and throwing up. Mike has heard her twice now, once last week when he started the lawn mower and yesterday when the compressor in the garage kicked on (door was open). I was so jealous.

But today, I :cry: happy tears - I heard her make a sound finally. She apparently has a thing for loud vibration sounds.

Last edited:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aww! That's awesome. She's settling in so nicely. She knows she's really home now, so she's letting loose! :D

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
So cute! I love Sally!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... she is totally coming out of her shell and joining in the fun of life... great work Jeannie and Mike!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is awesome! I'd love to hear Mabel bark!
Chris, has Mabel not made any noises/barks yet? I was really beginning to think that maybe she physically couldn't. Our neighbors right behind us mowed there too and she immediately went down the deck steps and to the fence and was trotting back and forth barking at it. :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aww! That's awesome. She's settling in so nicely. She knows she's really home now, so she's letting loose! :D
She sure is. Why just yesterday she went into the spare bathroom and came prancing out, and I mean prancing, with the toilet paper roll that was in the trash. :laugh:

OMG... she is totally coming out of her shell and joining in the fun of life... great work Jeannie and Mike!
Thank you Christine. Hard to believe it's only been three weeks, seems like she's already been here a lifetime.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She sure is. Why just yesterday she went into the spare bathroom and came prancing out, and I mean prancing, with the toilet paper roll that was in the trash. :laugh:

:rofl: she was darn proud of herself now, wasn't she!?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:rofl: she was darn proud of herself now, wasn't she!?
She sure was. It's funny when she gets a toy, she's prances off, like a strut, and splits to the other room. If she's outside she goes the opposite direction where everyone's at. :laugh: We laughed pretty good yesterday on that one though.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
The only time HRH barked at first was if something made a noise and startled her. She started about a year ago barking at the doorbell. And just recently (even before Amelia came here) she started giving one little highpiched yip if she wants attention and mom has her nose in the computer too long typing instead of one hand petting her.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I am so in love with Sally! She is such a sweet bully lady.. Very happy for you that you to hear that sweet bark

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Chris, has Mabel not made any noises/barks yet? I was really beginning to think that maybe she physically couldn't. Our neighbors right behind us mowed there too and she immediately went down the deck steps and to the fence and was trotting back and forth barking at it. :)
I have heard her quietly yelp in her sleep, but aside from the frequent grumbling when she's begging for something, we haven't heard a bark. :nope:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have heard her quietly yelp in her sleep, but aside from the frequent grumbling when she's begging for something, we haven't heard a bark. :nope:
That makes me sad. The day she does bark (I can't imagine she never would) it'll sure take you by surprise.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.