Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 17

Thread: We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

  1. #1
    Dog Park Attendant ZeusCsmommy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Stockton, California, United States
    Posts
    445
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Default We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

    -image-jpgThis is our new leash, we got it at petco. We got a large and it adjust just fine to fit him. It's a little weird to put it on him but I'll get use to it. I felt like it did help.
    -image-jpgIdk why my pics are coming out sideways. Anywho. Here's Zeus.
    -image-jpgHe loves the attention of all the neighborhood kids.
    -image-jpgWater break
    -image-jpgThirsty thirsty. After all that interactions with the neighborhood kids. I hate the tear stains. I been cleaning them with this wash I got and I feel like I made it worse. Is that possible.

    Thats him on our walk it fits him good doesn't it .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg  

  2. #2
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    sheshistory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    3,432
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)
    249

    Default Re: We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

    Haha, looks like Zeus did well...and momma has her hands full with a wild man! Great job - those harnesses are awesome for young bullies! (Older too!)

    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

  3. #3
    Dog Park Attendant ZeusCsmommy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Stockton, California, United States
    Posts
    445
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Default Re: We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

    i really liked it i feel like i can start walking him ... we will take it slow... just incase he overpowers our walks like usual... i just don't understand what it is about the leash... that makes them not pull

    - - - Updated - - -

    anyone know what i can do so my pic dont come out sideways next time...

  4. #4
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

    The face shot of Zeus just shows how Handsome a of bully he is

    We have Tubby on a regular harness and its useless for pulling but at least its not his neck. I want to thank you for this because this was the kick in the arse I needed to go out and buy him the no pull harness

    - you can kind of see his harness in my avatar

  5. #5
    Dog Groomer MeekosMummy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    606
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

    Ive just been looking at these after reading the thread about not being able to walk him.

    May i ask what you were using for walks before this? And does it stop him from pulling much?
    I use a leather harness for meeko and a chain leash attached. But i find he can slip out of it if he wiggles and pulls (hes mastered that now if he wants something desperately!!) and we are trying to get him to stop pulling so much. Do you think switching from leather harness to this one will help? And does the leash come with it or can you use any leash? ... Phew.. The end of a million questions lol xx
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

  6. #6
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,138
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11474

    Default Re: We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

    sideways pictures?? @desertskybulldogs, any suggestions

    Zeus is a good looking buy!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. #7
    Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,718
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default Re: We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

    Eve, did Zeus stop pulling, or did it just help? I'm wondering, Rocky always walks beside me or behind me just a little, until he's getting ready to do #2, then he pulls me hastily to that spot and squats, other than that, the only time he pulls is when he wants to go back inside, sometimes I have to pull him to walk further lol

  8. #8
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ChrisRN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Muskegon, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    4,779
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    1454
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

    LOL! We have to pull Mabel!




    "Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."




  9. #9
    Dog Park Attendant ZeusCsmommy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Stockton, California, United States
    Posts
    445
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Default Re: We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

    Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    The face shot of Zeus just shows how Handsome a of bully he is

    We have Tubby on a regular harness and its useless for pulling but at least its not his neck. I want to thank you for this because this was the kick in the arse I needed to go out and buy him the no pull harness

    - you can kind of see his harness in my avatar
    I really liked it I'm glad it helped. We still have to work together since it had been so long since I had last walked him.

  10. #10
    Dog Park Attendant ZeusCsmommy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Stockton, California, United States
    Posts
    445
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Default Re: We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

    Quote Originally Posted by MeekosMummy View Post
    Ive just been looking at these after reading the thread about not being able to walk him.

    May i ask what you were using for walks before this? And does it stop him from pulling much?
    I use a leather harness for meeko and a chain leash attached. But i find he can slip out of it if he wiggles and pulls (hes mastered that now if he wants something desperately!!) and we are trying to get him to stop pulling so much. Do you think switching from leather harness to this one will help? And does the leash come with it or can you use any leash? ... Phew.. The end of a million questions lol xx
    Thats the link to one that looked like what we were using. I'm using the leash that I had already (since it didn't come with one) but Im going to have to get a smaller one because the new harness is longer.. If u look at the pic u can see were the leash links to the harness.. It helped us a lot. And I asked if I can return it if it didn't fit and they said I had a month so maybe u can try it out and see if it works out for you guys...

    https://www.google.com/search?q=dog+...WnzPcESX9LM%3A

  11. #11
    Dog Park Attendant ZeusCsmommy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Stockton, California, United States
    Posts
    445
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Default Re: We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRod View Post
    Eve, did Zeus stop pulling, or did it just help? I'm wondering, Rocky always walks beside me or behind me just a little, until he's getting ready to do #2, then he pulls me hastily to that spot and squats, other than that, the only time he pulls is when he wants to go back inside, sometimes I have to pull him to walk further lol
    He did very good. I can definitely walk him now. He might pull a little but my neighborhood is full of kids and Zeus loves kids and the attention they give him so he will always try to go to them.. Specially when they start calling him and telling him how gorgeous he is... He's a bit conceited ...

  12. #12
    Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,718
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default Re: We went out for a walk with our new non-pull harness

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeusCsmommy View Post
    He did very good. I can definitely walk him now. He might pull a little but my neighborhood is full of kids and Zeus loves kids and the attention they give him so he will always try to go to them.. Specially when they start calling him and telling him how gorgeous he is... He's a bit conceited ...
    LMAO @ conceited..... Typical Bully and Zeus IZ DE MAN....... Show me a person who doesn't Love a Bully, and I'll show you a Person who doesn't understand Love ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •