Brembo at 1 year

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
Brembo turned 1 year on March 1st and I thought I'd post this picture of him in the snow from a month prior. He LOVE LOVE LOVES the snow!!!

I do hope he widens out but overall he's a handsome fella!! Weighing about 58lb right now....he's certainly one of the most active Bulldogs I have ever seen!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:clap: He looks perfect! Plenty wide enough!! But..just so you know, they don't really fill out until their second year! You best be careful what you wish for!! :ROFL:

OP
ajwhitt44

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
:clap: He looks perfect! Plenty wide enough!! But..just so you know, they don't really fill out until their second year! You best be careful what you wish for!! :ROFL:

Haha so I have heard!! Does it happen anytime in the 2nd year? Towards the middle or end? I doubt there is a chart for that sort of thing. He's 2 months into his 2nd year and I have not seen much widening.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Haha so I have heard!! Does it happen anytime in the 2nd year? Towards the middle or end? I doubt there is a chart for that sort of thing. He's 2 months into his 2nd year and I have not seen much widening.

It's the sort of thing..you don't notice! Just all of a sudden..something is different! Same with their heads! Jake is 2 1/2 and still gets new wrinkles out of the blue. I think you will find the growth continues into their 3rd year for many of them.

OP
ajwhitt44

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
It's the sort of thing..you don't notice! Just all of a sudden..something is different! Same with their heads! Jake is 2 1/2 and still gets new wrinkles out of the blue. I think you will find the growth continues into their 3rd year for many of them.

Yeah I definitely know what you mean! I sometimes wonder if neutering him stunts his growth a bit... Or if feeding him such high quality food has any effect..... I should just relax and enjoy his company, LOL.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yeah I definitely know what you mean! I sometimes wonder if neutering him stunts his growth a bit... Or if feeding him such high quality food has any effect..... I should just relax and enjoy his company, LOL.
That's the spirit!! And the whole neutering thing is a old wives tale! We have a couple Bully's that were neutered super young..one being Vegas (kmarino) and he is no shrinking violet! LOL..Honestly, 58 lbs is just about textbook..they say on the charts 40-50 pounds..so Brembo is wonderful the way he is...and he isn't done yet!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
:birthday: You're just perfect!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great looking boy.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Members online

No members online now.