ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
For the first time yesterday, we felt like Mabel was "getting it!" When I came home from the hospital, she almost bowled me over by hitting me in the backs of the legs and insisted I get down on the floor with her. Then she (drumroll, please) started to play with us! It was her idea for the first time! This was the answer to many prayers. It didn't last long, but we see changes like this every day.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
it makes me so happy to see Goldie playing and wrestling with Remy and actually playing with toys. When she first got here she didn't want anything to do with the boys or toys. It's just sad that Mabel and Goldie had to spend the first part of their lives living in kennels with no socialization!! Yay, Mabel!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
This makes me want to :cry: with happiness! Seriously, my eyes are a wee bit wet. She's coming alive inside with trust and love!!! This just totally made my day Chris. :love:

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
This makes me want to :cry: with happiness! Seriously, my eyes are a wee bit wet. She's coming alive inside with trust and love!!! This just totally made my day Chris. :love:
Thanks, Jeannie. The spontaneous jumping around and playing did the same to us. :jumpdance:She still has issues and probably always will, but these moments of pure bulldog joy are amazing to see in this little girl!
it makes me so happy to see Goldie playing and wrestling with Remy and actually playing with toys. When she first got here she didn't want anything to do with the boys or toys. It's just sad that Mabel and Goldie had to spend the first part of their lives living in kennels with no socialization!! Yay, Mabel!!!
It's so much fun to see them come out of their shells and experience being dogs! She loves her deer antler and is learning to use her paws to hold things. It breaks my heart to know that these dogs were so neglected. They have phenomenal personalities! :angelheart:

Last edited:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Awesome!! That was such a sweet video! No better feeling then seeing them play for the first time. I almost cried when we first saw Princess (we adopted her in January and she just turned 10) playing with my other two and running to the door to greet us when we came home! Hope Mabel keeps playing like this, I want to see more videos! :)

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I really enjoyed this video. Great job on getting her acclimated to her new home so quickly!!!! I love how she plays and then when she's done, she makes no bones about telling you she's done. And she has the cuties little hiney!
Congrats! I know you're a proud family.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Chris, tears of JOY are running down my cheeks, I am so happy for all of you.

I remember when Brutus (crated all his 4 years & multiple owners) began to
trust, then learned to play then even pick up a toy for just a second...he did learn
and enjoy, chewing on his chicken flavored Nylabone.

They are so very worth every second of hope, time, love & money.

Y'all & Mabel are just so very blessed (and worthy)...Enjoy each other & life together.

Thank you for adopting Mabel then sticking out the scary issues & numerous vet bills.
:angelheart:

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I really enjoyed this video. Great job on getting her acclimated to her new home so quickly!!!! I love how she plays and then when she's done, she makes no bones about telling you she's done. And she has the cuties little hiney!
Congrats! I know you're a proud family.

It was really funny. When she is done, she doesn't even look back. She just stops and walks away--like she was just humoring us! Such a funny little thing!

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
That is so exciting to see. Abbey tries so hard to play but she doesn't know how. She was most likely caged by a breeder and never socialized. It is encouraging to see that moment can happen when they "get it".

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:heart: how incredibly awesome..... that just warmed the heart

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online