Waiting for spring

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
I woke up this morning to 13 inches of snow on the ground. It pretty much snowed all day yesterday, and I'm really hoping this is our last storm. I really want to see green grass and spring flowers! Here are a few pics. I can't leave Henry out for more than 10 to 15 minutes because it is just too cold, but when the storm let up for a bit in the late afternoon, I let them out for a few minutes and managed to get a few shots of him mimicking Molly. He has started looking to her for direction and its so cute!

View attachment 39585
Wait Molly! Let me go over there with you and we can "look" together!

View attachment 39584
Smile for the camera! :D
View attachment 39586
Molly throwing snow in Henry's face with her nose, lol!

View attachment 39588
Molly teaching Henry how to be a "watch dog".

View attachment 39587
Every time she moved her head in one direction, he did the same. It was so funny to watch!

View attachment 39589
Okay, its way too cold out here. I'm going back inside.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great pics! Henry has exactly the same colouring and markings as my Voitto's sister!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I just LOVE this picture.....

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Love the pictures. The landscape is so pretty with all the beautiful fresh snow and the dogs look they are having lots of fun.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That's adorable ... but next time I think we need video!! :yes: :whistle:

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=8097]Annie[/MENTION] Wow what wonderful pictures. As someone else said, not just of your babies but also of the landscape. Let me not complain about my wind blown hair (even though I used EXTRA gel this morning) because that is nothing compared to what ya'll are going through. Is this typical for your area? To get that much snow this time of year? I'm just in shock.

OP
Henry

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Great pics! Henry has exactly the same colouring and markings as my Voitto's sister!

You're right! That's awesome! Maybe they are long lost cousins :p

That's adorable ... but next time I think we need video!! :yes: :whistle:

Great idea! Maybe this weekend, if the temperatures are more mild, I will take a video of them playing outside :)

@Annie Wow what wonderful pictures. As someone else said, not just of your babies but also of the landscape. Let me not complain about my wind blown hair (even though I used EXTRA gel this morning) because that is nothing compared to what ya'll are going through. Is this typical for your area? To get that much snow this time of year? I'm just in shock.
[MENTION=563]bluesteelapd[/MENTION] Thank you! I love where we live as its very private with many acres for the dogs to play. It's like having our own private dog park, with trails and even a pond! It's been a typical winter here, but most of the snowfall came much later in the season than it did last year. We average anywhere from 60 to 100+ inches of snow during the winter. Fortunate for us it is March and this stuff will melt fairly quickly.

In October of 2011 we got a devastating storm that caused so much damage it took us most of 2012 to clear it all out. We lost a strong 10 acres of trees to breakage and being uprooted. The whole landscape changed. We had a forestry company come in and selectively cut the back 20 acres and sold the logs to pay for what it cost us to clean up and replant the front part of the property, so that really saved us financially.

Once the weather warms up a bit more, I will post more photos (and maybe even a video or two!) of Molly and Henry playing. Right now it is just too cold for him to be out there any longer than 10 to 15 minutes, so its not easy to get many pictures.

Here is a photo from last spring, of the new flower garden we put in the area where we lost two of our oldest (approx 150 yrs) trees. It was devastating to me to have lost them (I actually cried over the loss) and I wanted to MOVE, but my husband promised that it would be okay and to make up for the loss, we put in a patio/flower garden on that spot to bring beauty back to it.

View attachment 39624

This is Molly watching the butterflies in the garden, later that summer, when the flowers all grew and bloomed. I think Henry is going to LOVE the garden once he gets to play in it this summer :)
View attachment 39623

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Very beautiful out there, and your babies are beautiful too. Thank you for the pics.
egghunt1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
WOW, your garden is awesome.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
17517_4489654042843_1951810883_n.jpgThis here is Voitto sister, they look a lot alike.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Amazing pics of your beautiful properties and your handsome dogs.

Smart bully wanting to learn from older, wiser big Sis and she seems
to be a very good teacher!
:clap2: ​Thank you for sharing w/us.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.