Love at first sight!

BrianW

Feb 17, 2013
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi, Jackson, Ca$h, Daisey, Winford, Charlee, Darla, Mack, Babee, Ralphie & Stuart
Thanks to all your nice comments about Daisy. She is a very special girl, that more or less is now learning the life she should have always had. We are working on her medical issues (several huge bladder stones were removed, she was spayed, mange, allergies, bacterial/yeast and dog bites all over her body) and her emotional problems (losing/missing her breeder mom, mistreatment?). She is slowly coming out of her shell everyday and getting a little better. With time, hopefully most if not all of her problems and issues will be cured.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
What a precious little girl. Although the jerks who didn't seem to want her because she couldn't get pregnant turned her in, atleast she has a safe home now. And it appears that she, like my Mona, loves butt scratches. I know others on here, do to. Bulldogs that is. LOL Thanks so much for introducing her to us. I feel like you did, too, I'd want to just pick her up and take her home because she's just so cute. Puppy napping in progress...LOL

BrianW

Feb 17, 2013
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi, Jackson, Ca$h, Daisey, Winford, Charlee, Darla, Mack, Babee, Ralphie & Stuart
There really is a lot more to Daisy's story. The woman that had Daisy is a friend of my vet. She has lots of other little dogs that she breeds (25+) and my vet has seen her house and says that she runs a very clean operation. I, in no way want to bad mouth her, because in the end she did what was right for Daisy (allowing us to have her).

Daisy had very serious medical problems (4 large Bladder stones - some at least 3/4 in size, which were causing bleeding/urination/leaky stool problems ) when the breeder brought her to the vet. The costs to have them removed was not cheap, plus this was a dog that she had put a lot of money into trying to have her artificially inseminated, were taxing on her. Because of the issues my vet strongly suggested her surrendering her and suggested that he knew a family that may take her. She asked what kind of family we were and my vet said "If my dogs ever needed a different parent, these are the only people would I allow to be". The rest is history and she is now part of our family.

The Thursday after we adopted her, she had surgery to remove the stones and be spayed. Our vets as usual, split the charges with us on all of the services (plus free office visits). He has been my vet for 3 other bulldogs (Cash - my 12 year old rescue (2012), Brandi - my current 8 year old rescue, and Jackson - my 4 year old disabled) and understand/respects what we are trying to do for the breed/rescue dogs. He and his partner (both recent graduates of the University of Wisconsin Vet school) have been working closely with us and the vet school for my boy Jackson's care after major spine and dual rear leg crutiate ligament/miniscual tear surgeries.

Most Reactions