Samson goes camping at the river

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
and Loki too, got some cute pictures of my lil Mrs Beaglesworth too :)

Sunbathing :)

KernFeb2013015.jpg

My sweet babies :heart:

KernFeb2013022.jpg

Loki LOVES the outdoors!

KernFeb2013016.jpg

Yum yum it's a smoked beef bone!

KernFeb2013033.jpg

When the sun goes down and it gets cold Samson will stand by the truck and stare at me LOL Minutes later here he is sound asleep LOL

KernFeb2013007.jpg

Loki on the other hand finds warmth outside :)

KernFeb2013002.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh I'm so jealous, that you can actually camp at this time of year, it's so cold here, minus temperatures, and still lots of snow. They look like they're having a great time. Enjoy

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Funny how different each dog is. Mimi would fall asleep in my wife's lap at the campfire. Tyler would sit in his camp chair, by the campfire, for a while. Then he would head back to the camper, dragging his camp chair, to go to bed.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Great pictures! Where did you go? We love camping and looking for places to take the fur babies.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Last night on the travel channel, I was watching "Extreme Motorhomes/Coaches"...OMG!!! Now THAT is the kind of camping I could stand! I love being out in the woods but really don't like being uncomfortable ---- and no where near room service. Camping in the winter though? Even in SoCal? You guys are badazz!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thanx for sharing those great pix...
Looks like Trout country...??? anything biting or is it still too early?
Good to see Sammy's fleece is holding up.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great pics, and Samson and Loki are too cute. Samson is no fool, he knows where the warm spot is.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I love the picture of him sound asleep at the wheel. Beautiful pic by the fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Last night on the travel channel, I was watching "Extreme Motorhomes/Coaches"...OMG!!! Now THAT is the kind of camping I could stand! I love being out in the woods but really don't like being uncomfortable ---- and no where near room service. Camping in the winter though? Even in SoCal? You guys are badazz!

LOL we must be! Of the 6-7 campgrounds along 26 miles of river only one campground was open and we were only one of 3 families there! It wasn't terribly cold, low 60's/high 50's in the day , 30ish at night and even though that is cold FOR ME, when you are prepared and have the right gear, which we do, it's not a big deal. It was still a ton of fun :)

Great pictures! Where did you go? We love camping and looking for places to take the fur babies.

Kern river, upper Kern. Headquarters campground is the only campground on the upper kern open this time of year. I love the Kern, Dave and I both grew up going there but it's gone down hill over the years. If the area weren't covered in snow we would have gone up to Mammoth Lakes or the June Lake Loop, if you've been there before you know why I say that, if you haven't you GOTTA check it out!

Thanx for sharing those great pix...
Looks like Trout country...??? anything biting or is it still too early?
Good to see Sammy's fleece is holding up.

Yup, trout fishin' was the mission! But yeah the trout opener really isn't until April, they are out there, we saw some but no luck for either of us. And yeah that fleece has held up so well, it's really the only one he wears. Not only do I love it but it's the only one that fits him properly, we all know it's really hard to just go to the store and find a sweater that fits a bully body properly.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
What great pictures. I really like the first one and the one of the rock with Mrs. Beagleworth. No camping here yet unless you want to do it in the snow. I'm jealous too! Looks like you and the kiddos had a great time.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Such great pics, and I'm so jealous too! So nice that you get to take them with you, and they both looked so well behaved.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad you had fun and shared some great pics! :heart:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Wonderful pics. Looks like everyone had a great time. (very envious you guys can go camping this time of year :tongue:).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online