Ellie's 1st Meetup

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
We were the 1st ones there and the owner gave us a tour of the facility and it was actually really nice. There were about 20 people there and another 13-15 bullies. The owner had his 2 dogs, a pit bull and a bull terrier there. Ellie was beyond excited when we got there. She was fetching tennis balls, sniffing everything within reach, and taking it all in. Then the other digs started to show up and I guess it kind of overwhelmed her. She was in our hip pockets half the time. There were a couple that were rough players and Ellie wanted no part of them. She was content to stay next to us and observe with plenty of pets and belly rubs from the people. They had what looked like a mobile wet bar with a radio on it and the back side had some shelving with various doggie safe supplies. Well the bottom shelf was almost ground level and there was a spare bed on it. About halfway through, Ellie claimed the bottom shelf with the bed and hung out there. Most of these shots aren't mine, but the last 2 on this post are. Ellie wasn't the smallest one there, but she was definitely the smallest when age was considered.

Bulldog Meetup1.jpgBulldog Meetup2.jpgBulldog Meetup3.jpgBulldog Meetup6.jpgDiesel.jpg

Last edited:
OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
And some of Ellie.....and myself

Ellie and my drool soaked pants.
Bulldog Meetup4.jpg

Hanging out with Ace and Rockie
Bulldog Meetup5.jpg

Ellie in her "Fortress of Solitude"
Bulldog Meetup7.jpg

And part of a group shot
Bulldog Meetup9.jpg

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh, it sounds like she had a lot of fun meeting some new friends. I know when i first started bringing Finn to daycamp, he would mostly stick by his brother's side or sit on a corner cot and watch the other dogs play. With time tho and more exposure to the daycamp, Finn would be a little less shy and play more. Sounds like Ellie had a very positive first experience!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Looks like it was a very good experience for Ellie. (by the way, i love her name).
Can't wait to take Blue to his first meet-up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOVE that last pictures.... how many days did she sleep after?

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
LOVE that last pictures.... how many days did she sleep after?

It was pretty much the rest of Saturday afternoon and an all night. By lunchtime Sunday, she was bouncing all over there place again.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.