Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)

Default Rumble "walking"

This is Rumble on our "walk" last night. Since we only made it accross the street and then he refused to move, I am thinking someone needs to explain him the concept of "walking" again!
    -20130206_190850-jpg

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rumble "walking"

Well in bully world ....... "walking" actually means going as far as the bully feels like it, and then plopping down wherever they happen to be at the time, and getting their bully pawrent to carry them home.

Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Well in bully world ....... "walking" actually means going as far as the bully feels like it, and then plopping down wherever they happen to be at the time, and getting their bully pawrent to carry them home.
    In that case Rumble has the concept down perfect!!
    However, our trainer seems to think we need to practice walking. This is extremely difficult when Rumble will not cooperate!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tiffykay06 View Post
    In that case Rumble has the concept down perfect!!
    However, our trainer seems to think we need to practice walking. This is extremely difficult when Rumble will not cooperate!
    Maybe your trainer has never been owned by a bully!!! I have now had four bullies .. and only two of them show any interest in walking. The other two would prefer to sit in the front seat of the car and be driven around .... preferably to ANYWHERE that as a drive thru so that whoever is at the window can shower them with love and attention!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Bring some broccoli with you as a bribe....but Mom, he's too cute to walk.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby
    Likes (Received)

Our bullie Abby loovvveeessss to walk the problem is when she is done - she is DONE. lol She will park her 65 lb. bullie butt for the next hour or until you carry her home. Seriously thinking about investing in a doggie stroller.
    I'd choose the human's higher right, to suffer and to love!

Big Easy Brain Drain Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
    Likes (Received)

Ellie enjoys her walks. One thing that we did is that before we started walking her, we would let her run around the house with the collar/harness on with the leash attached and dragging behind her. This was to let her get used to the added weight and we did it for about 10 minutes or so every night for a couple of weeks before we started walking. Obviously, make sure that you're there to supervise so that the leash doesn't get caught on anything.
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Cecil Beaton

Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LynnA View Post
    Bring some broccoli with you as a bribe....but Mom, he's too cute to walk.
    We haven't tried broccoli with Rumble but he won't even move for his other treats. Once he plants his butt he is not moving unless I pick him up. So frustrating! Some days he will walk and walk and others he is like I don't know what you are thinking mom but I am not moving!

Real Name
    Tabatha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Guinevere, Little Be
    Likes (Received)

Guinevere used to do well walking with the big dog, but now that B is gone little miss Guinevere usually refuses to do anything other than potty (unless she sees someone who will give her attention!). I don't want to force it though, because soon enough it wil be too hot in the desert for a walk!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Some like to go for walks and some don't. BeBe, Jewel, and Diva love to go on walks. Buddy and Lucy could care less but will walk with you. Blondie would go the the end of the driveway and that's it. So just be patient, try the snacks and they might work, but if not, well you can get a wagon or pet stroller. They love to ride.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Some like to go for walks and some don't. BeBe, Jewel, and Diva love to go on walks. Buddy and Lucy could care less but will walk with you. Blondie would go the the end of the driveway and that's it. So just be patient, try the snacks and they might work, but if not, well you can get a wagon or pet stroller. They love to ride.
    I would love this! However, I am afraid the hubby would not be seen with us if that was the situation!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tiffykay06 View Post
    We haven't tried broccoli with Rumble but he won't even move for his other treats. Once he plants his butt he is not moving unless I pick him up. So frustrating! Some days he will walk and walk and others he is like I don't know what you are thinking mom but I am not moving!
    They sure can be stubborn little buggers. Otis goes for walks but they are not very far and his little wiggle butt is moving quickly on the way back...lol
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads