I am such a mean mama....

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey does NOT like his new seatbelt harness!!

Super stink eye to me!!!
:p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 223

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
A mean mommy but a good mommy for keeping him safe! Maybe when he is older he will understand :D Where did you get the seatbelt harness? We currently transport Rumble via carrier but he is quickly outgrowing that and we need a way to keep him safe during our trips.

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
A mean mommy but a good mommy for keeping him safe! Maybe when he is older he will understand :D Where did you get the seatbelt harness? We currently transport Rumble via carrier but he is quickly outgrowing that and we need a way to keep him safe during our trips.
Got the harness at one of the major brand pet stores but I have seen them everywhere. They come in all sizes and run about $20

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
HAHAHA...that's a pretty good stink eye for a puppy.

Good for you, Momma! Kiss Bogey for me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... someone is so poting!! Safty first Bogie!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We came up with more permanent fixes, since my car is 'The Dog Car' I have attached 2 short leads to the 'hard points' of the seats (where you would attach a childs safety seat) Since the pups decided they wanted to chew the original leather/cord leads, we went to chain, they are actually Horse Leads that I got at Tractor Supply, and I got the hardware to put them together there too!... VERY inexpensive, and like I said more of a permanent thing

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
We have a harness and a seat belt clip that goes right into the spot where the seat belt goes. It is great! We need to get one of those seat protector things though because his fur inevitably ends up everywhere. Still the best thing to get since before we were putting up a big travel crate in the back of the SUV. First, this made me nervous because he was just loose in the crate and second, it took up so much room there wasn't room for anything else!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh yeah, you're so getting the stink eye.. lol.. but he's so damn cute. I love his coloring.

Iselaal5

Jan 16, 2013
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
I bought a kong dog harness at petsmart and it came with the seatbelt attachment it cost 35.00 but its very good :2thumbs:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
awww poor Bogey you will get use to it little buddy, mommy is just trying to keep you safe!!!

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We came up with more permanent fixes, since my car is 'The Dog Car' I have attached 2 short leads to the 'hard points' of the seats (where you would attach a childs safety seat) Since the pups decided they wanted to chew the original leather/cord leads, we went to chain, they are actually Horse Leads that I got at Tractor Supply, and I got the hardware to put them together there too!... VERY inexpensive, and like I said more of a permanent thing

This similar to what I've done, too. I found heavy nylon seat belt restraints at Pet Smart. One worked well, but when attached to the belt Tank would try to turn around and would get twisted in the strap. I ended up putting 2 of the straps together and hooked it to the car seat tethering point behind the seat. This puts the connection point up higher so he can stand, sit, lay down, turn around and reposition himself without getting tangled while keeping him safe.

I also bought an inexpensive rubber backed bathroom rug to keep him from slipping and sliding (and damaging) my leather seats. The backing keeps it in place and if it gets dirty, I can throw it in the wash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online