does my puppy "look"like an english bulldog??

Luci Jo's mama

Jan 1, 2013
fleetwood pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Luci Jo
Hello all my fellow bulldog lovers/owners. I am posting pics of my baby Lucy. She just turned 13 weeks and she is akc and her parents were gorgeous.I think She's so beautiful and she is truly the most lovable sweet mannered baby girl and learning so fast! I'm new to owning a bulldog and today while me and Lucy went out I had people ask me what breed she was and if she was a boxer..is she that far from looking like a normal bully? I don't understand because she looks perfect to me..she doesn't have so many wrinkles and a nose rope but I heard tht can change as they grow.this site is so wonderful and thank you for all your wonderful info!!!!:D

Attachments

• 20130104_010247.jpg
    20130104_010247.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 840
  • 20121231_134845.jpg
    20121231_134845.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 443
  • 20121231_134859.jpg
    20121231_134859.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 510

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
She looks exactly like a bully, and she is gorgeous. I get those same questions from people when I am out with my guys, they ask me what my male is mixed with, because Blossom is much more stockier than Dozer, and Dozer is more muscular. People ask me if he's mixed with a boxer. I've seen both parents to my guys, so I know they are both EB. I've read on here that it can take 2 years before a Bully grows into a bully body. Don't worry about what people say, just love and enjoy her. They just wish they were as lucky as us to love a bully.

Here is a picture of my 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 390
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 379
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 347
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 328

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
NO she doesn't look normal... she looks SUPER CUTSIE ENGLISH BULLDOG>> LOL YES, she is very much English Bully. We get the 'What it is?" all the time and you cant get more EB than Princess Gracie. :luv: Its just that people dont see that many of them so they arent sure. Our response is 100% English Bully.
Bullies tend to grow up the first year and fill out the second or so. They continue to broaden even thru their 3rd year.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
34115d1357378722-does-my-puppy-look-like-english-bulldog-20130104_010247.jpg

I think she's beautiful. Puppies go through stages where they are a bit "gangly". And they all look a bit different.
We have lost track of the number of people who have no idea what a bulldog should look like who ask questions about HRH. So don't let them get to you.

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
The "Is it a boxer?" question seems to be very common... I've heard a lot of new puppy owners here on EBN say that they have been asked that question.

Bully puppies grown in different ways and directions ... I always love the ones who seem to have the fastest growing ears and then their heads catch up slowly!! SO cute!!!

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
She is absolutely a beautiful, gorgeous, cute and adorable English Bulldog Puppy! As our puppies grow, they change a lot. I don't want to steal your thread, but I wanted to post a series of pics so you could see how my dog changed as he grew. They do indeed go through a phase where they look a little boxery. Bulldogs grow UP first, and then the spread O U T.

33567_1566125365790_1615104981_1356752_3830672_n.jpgPhone 2011 278.jpgIMAG0207.jpgWinston's 2nd Birthday 014.jpgIMAG0028.jpg

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh I just love it when people comment on how short my PIT-BULL is!! :rofl: Lucy look pure English Bulldog. and what a cutie she is.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
They look pretty English to me, maybe they just have more of the Olde English in their parents that comes through? Kinda like kids, my kids look nothing like me they look like my sister and husband but they are mine, I birthed them I just look like my grandfather who is English(what a co-winkydink, English!) and my grandma is Mexican, my dad looks like my grandma and I turned out like grandpa green eyes and everything. My mom was asked once in front of me if we both her "children, children" as in same parents because I obviously looked a "little off"! How rude is that?? And about not having ropes, that could be a really good thing so you know you won't have to worry about infections getting in there from it being too tight in there. Again, sorry for my ramblings, but they sure look bully to me and not anything boxer.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Your Lucy is beautiful! And healthy. She most likely won't have breathing problems like a lot of wrinkly faced EBs have! She is a perfect EB in my book!

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I'm going through the " what is she" with Lola. She was a stray who found her fur ever home with us. 😃 She's taller than our Ruckus, and has skinny legs, not stumps lol. When we took her to our vet he said oh she's an English. Whatever she is we love her to death do I guess that's all that matters.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357401093.767248.jpg

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I'm still a believer in telling people they r chihuahuas n waiting for the face :p she's gorgeous n I know I prolly speak for a lot of ppl when I say we can't wait to watch her grow up :) I actually just started a thread asking ppl to post pics of their babies when they first got them n what they look like now u should check it out just to see the puppy pics vs the now pics to see how they change :D it's amazing!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I had someone call Arnold an "it" what the heck is that ? Your lucyis beAutiful! Both of mine have changed before our EBN friends eyes through the last year or so, arnold has grown up and now out as [MENTION=7307]Tracy T[/MENTION] pointed out. If my friendz /family havent seen them in awhile they are shocked by the changes.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I think many of us have stopped and asked ourselves at one time or another the same question. I sure did. Miss Tallulah was a total wrinkle fest as a baby but grew up and not out. Had gawky long legs and a lean body. Then a month ago - she just turned one, - her head started widening, her chest began to drop, all the Bully traits started to emerge. When I walked her people would ask the breed and some guessed boxer. But I knew that this is the transformation process for some Bullies and have just taken complete delight in watching my big beautiful Bully girl emerge from the gawky teenager. Your baby Bully is absolutely a heart stealer! So very Bully. Enjoy every minute and don't worry. Sometimes I would wake up and swear Miss T's head had widened and her under jaw had shot out overnight. Truly magnificent to see.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.