Chance (Some birthday "cake" pics, and a couple of Christmas)

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Today Chance wore his Christmas antlers for the first time. He wasn't too happy. He wasn't too happy when I wore them, either.
A-hcTemCMAE_-fT.jpg

Chance and his tree. Thankfully he isn't bothered by these invaders around the place!
A-he3ngCMAAXu-9.jpg

A-h1S5QCAAAKHF-.jpg

Yesterday, Chance turned 2. :) In his honour, dad made him 4 sliders (with cheese!) He was a very happy boy. He did not, however, get all of that in one sitting, no matter how much he might have wished it were so. :p
A-dr1QZCEAEsLkd.jpg

Last edited:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
happy b day chance! great pics. good to know his bday and Christmas aren't lumped into one celebration like some poor poor Kids out there ;)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
malaviKat

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
:) Are you kidding? Since we started subscribing to Barkbox, he gets a birthday once a month! He knows how to open the box now! He's a spoiled brat...but he's mine. haha

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
love the special birthday meal!! Happy Birthday Chance ... what is Barkbox??

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:birthday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHANCE, Hope you had a great day, looks like you had some really yummy treats, Lucky Boy. :cake: Bulldozer and Blossom sends you good wishes and Woofs for your special day.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Loved the pics, looks like he had a great b-day.

OP
malaviKat

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
love the special birthday meal!! Happy Birthday Chance ... what is Barkbox??

Barkbox is a subscription "dog stuff" service out of NYC. They ship to the US and Canada (I don't know if they ship elsewhere).

You choose a box based on the size of the dog. If you buy one month, it's $29/month, 6 months and it's $17/month and free shipping in the US. (3 months is somewhere in between...can't remember the $$). Currently there's small, med and large. In 2013 they're starting a "heavy chewer box" that will be awesome for bullies.

It's basically great advertising for suppliers who wholesale to Barkbox (if I'm being honest), because for a little bit of money they get their product out the door en masse. Every month you get a box full of stuff. One (or two) toys, treats, poop bags etc. plus some other stuff.

We have been really happy with the service. We tried it for one month and then bought the subscription. Some of the toys we've received were things like the Crinkit and the Humungastache (both of which individually run for upwards of $15).

Some treats we don't give to Chance - it depends on what's in it. But other treats are actually things we buy for him regularly. And who can't use more poop bags. :p

Some toys things are things we've always wanted to try, but then forgot about (like the great mustache) so they're a surprise for us, too. And other things are just great products we're turned onto (like some tooth cleaning/fresh breath gel).

I think it's a little better if your dog isn't particularly sensitive food wise or if you can donate some of the treats but even if it were just for the toys each month, I'd still probably buy it. Chance recognizes "his" box the minute we take it out of the mail and he goes nuts til he can open it.

Oh! They also regularly donate 10% of sales to a rescue group and are constantly taking suggestions for new rescues to support. Also, they recently held the Hugo Challenge and donated $10k to a pet-related charity org chosen by users. (It ended up being HeARTs Speak).

Okay so that sounded like a total sales-pitch but we are not affiliated with them. If you DO decide to try them out though, we can send you a promo code. Gets you $5 off and earns us one free month.

OP
malaviKat

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=2565]malaviKat[/MENTION] - oh wow that really sounds like it would be fun to do! do you know when in 2013 they plan to do the tough chewer box? I will definitely sign up for a gift box that was for stronger chewers!!

OP
malaviKat

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] They said spring. I'm not sure of exactly when. Some of Chance's toys have survived pretty well. The Crinkit is on its last legs now but it was around for at least three months. Last month they sent out a Bionic bone for the bigger dogs while the small dogs got something different.. Chance hasn't made a dent in it yet (and this is a dog that can destroy a new toy in a night.) Since they're still a relatively small company they really do what they can to respond to their customers. Some people in the US have had a little problem with shipping delays but the shipping is free for them so... :p

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Happy birthday Chance! You look so handsome guarding your Christmas tree!

I'm definitely going to check out bark box right now! :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Diesel & Molly are not too hard on toys they play with them but normally don't destroy them BUT my sons Chocolate Lab who will be with me full time when my son leaves for boot camp next month and pretty sure indefinitely thereafter LOL is SO bad with toys she tears them apart! the only thing I've found that can stand up to her is the Jolly Pet Toys she did chew and break apart the rope in Diesel's favorite jolly rope ball so have to get him a new one, he walks up to his ball sniffs it, paws at it looking for the rope poor guy!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Happy Birthday Chance ... and those sliders look yummy ... making me hungry!!! :bigeyes:

Never heard of barkbox but it seems a really great idea!!

OP
malaviKat

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] If you want a really tough toy, check out the Orbee-tuff balls from Planet Dog. (Did not get this in my BarkBox). Chance's lasted well over a year and he's getting a new one for Christmas. There are continents that are meant to peel off (it's a "globe") but after that... the thing will take a beating. Should definitely stand up to your son's lab! (And if the lab likes ropes, there's an on-rope version, too.) :)

Your bullies will enjoy BarkBox I think. But they might not want to share a box. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online