Dublin's "new brother"..Tio or T or Mr T. ......

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I would like to introduce you all to our new addition. His name is "Tio Filo" and he is a two year old male. from Florida English Bulldog Rescue in Odessa FL. This liitle guy ( and he is little at 38lb) has had a life of pure hell in just his two short years. He comes from a hoarding, puppy mill situation where he was found to have lived with at least 46 other Bullies. Jen, who runs FEBR had to swear that she wouldn't give their information with the hopes that she could rescue as many bullies as possible. I can't speak to her methods but I know she is incredibly dedicated. So far she has rescued 9. She and her husband and volunteers run FEBR and of course are constantly in the red. Mike and I have made them our new "charity" in that from every real estate closing we have we donate to them. Any help is always appreciated.
Anyway, back to Tio. First I want to say that despite his awful situation he is the most loving, cuddle bug you could ever want to know and I want to cry each time I look at him and know what he has been through. He came to FEBR totally eaten with fleas and covered in tics and is undergoing a long course of antibiotics for a staph infection from the hundreds of bites. He had a severe eye infection and ear infection which we are continuing to treat here at home. His left ear is totally deformed from what is believed to be a previous hematoma. Oh yeah! he is also being treated for Tapeworm. :barf:. I took him to our vet yesterday (Dr. Koch) and of course he was loved on by all the staff there who know Dublin very, very well..:D. His diagnosis, extreme neglect but otherwise healthy. He is not housebroken!!!!!:cursing: which is believe it or not the worst part of looking after him right now, for me at least. He has two modes right now, on and off.... He is perfectly okay in his crate and sleep through the night and if I need to put him in there during the day he is great about it and jsut looks at you with big beautiful sad eyes and then off to sleep.
Miss "Diva" Dublin is being quite awesome and somewhat confused. :confused:. She wants to play with him and just today we saw a little bit of that. When he is awake he won't let me out of his sight.

As you have guessed by now this is pretty darn overwhelming and I think "what have I let myself and my family in for" but that only lasts a second or two then I look at this amazing little boy and say "how could I not have done it?" You know I will take whatever advice you guys are willing to give . :yes:. and come back looking for more as I am going to need all the support I can get in the coming weeks and longer. I am struggling to even be on hear just trying to adjust and work full time and please the rest of the family and assure them it is going to be all right, and this is the time when I need to be on here the most..

Thanks for reading this post and enjoy the photos below. I'm sure there will be many more to come.

I forgot to mention, that Tio and I walked in the Pinnelas Christmas Parade. Amazing and exhausting.... and FEBR won Best "Animal Float" Yeah! I decorated our wagon and Tio road in it. Mike and Ms. Dubbie went to the beach :) Tio is home 1.jpgTio is home 2.jpgTio is home 3.jpgTio is home 4.jpgTio is home 5.jpg

Last edited:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Oh my goodness, that sleeping picture just makes me melt. What a sweetie! And thank you for your dedication to rescue and giving this little guy a loving home!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
he is a handsome boy!! so glad he has found a loving home, he will adjust and learn how to be a great family dog with guidance and consistency.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Ann & Family...Big Congratulations on your new family member, Tio!

I'm sure it is overwhelming in so many ways right now, remember to take a moment
to breath and also...one day at a time, so simple but hard to remember when stressed.

Bullies are smart and respond very well to schedules and repetition and so will Tio. I had
potty issues with Brutus and as you say, I found it difficult to deal with. I found that looking
at the situation thru HIS eyes gave me the patience & compassion I needed to just SLOW
down all my expectations & give him the love, patience and the space he needed, to adjust to
everything...then it all started falling into place...as it will for you, too.

Stop feeding everyone's expectations of perfection, including your own and just BE, and have fun!

Five months of being with Brutus is bliss, the experience has humbled me and blessed me more than
I have the words to relate to you, tho most of my pets have been rescues, adoptees & taken in strays,
adopting Brutus is different and when I think of his life without me, providing this loving home he enjoys
now and how he came to me, not knowing how to play...with me or with toys or bones...it always makes
me tear up. Imagine a bully w/out toys, bones, etc?!!

In 3 months maybe less, I promise, all will be worked out and all of you, including Tio, will feel as if you've
been together forever...follow your instincts, relax about everything, do it day by day, breath...and enjoy
it all! Again, Congratulations!!! I think y'all look as if you belong together...I really do. Carol & Brutus

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:clap: How wonderful for him. I'm certain your doubts will disappear totally in no time. My hubby has brought home many street strays and there is always a period of "what did we do?". But..in short order, things find their place and there is always room. I applaud you for opening your home but most of all...your hearts. He is a beautiful boy!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Mr. T is sooooo handsome! He is very lucky to have a bully family like you! Can't wait to meet him soon!! Looking forward to seeing you all at the Marina when Dr. Koch says its ok for Bogey to go! Good luck with your new addition!!
Mary

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Congrats on the new addition! He is a fine looking guy and I'm sure that it won't take him too long to train you :yes4:

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
You guys are as wonderful as I knew you would be . :2thumbs: He is making himself right at home.. How perfect is that???? You should see his poor skin. I gave him a Zymox bath and rinse and he smell and looks sooooo much better. Vet said once a week for now. I think Mike would like me to do it every day LOL..... Dublin showing sides of her I never knew existed...Think this will be a great thing for her also...

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Tio is absolutely adorable!! Congratulations and thank you for adopting a bully who desperately needed a loving home!! Tio and Dublin will soon be best friends. What helped me when we first adopted Diva who would always have accidents in the house was taking her and Gio out at the same time. Gio was like a teacher to Diva and she learned pretty quick where to go.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Good God Gerty, he looks fabulous, and you should be so proud, as your family should be too.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
He is very handsome indeed. You would never know from the photos that he is undersized or has skin problems, etc. He looks great! He will bring you much joy I know.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.