First time at Puppy Playtime

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
It was scary at first but once the little dogs and pups got to know little Henry, they all loved him. Puppy Playtime was exactly what he needed since all other dogs he's came into contact with are mainly scared of him and won't go near him. He had a nice meal once he got home and is now sound asleep.
I got 20% off on a puppy training 6 week course which he will begin next week.

attachment.php

Attachments

• puppy playtime.jpg
    puppy playtime.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited by a moderator:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aww, Henry is such a precious boy. I'm glad it went well and he made some friends. I know Aubie scares a lot of other dogs too; her only play buddy is a crazy jack russell about half her size.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Henry is so adorable! Glad he got some play time with friends.
Rook has no concept of personal space, he just barges up to everyone (human or dog) to get in there and say hello. I think this puts other dogs off. The only ones who don't seem to mind are other bullies. :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Glad he had fun, he is super Adore-A-Bull!!!! You will enjoy training classes, its a great bonding experience!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm sure Henry was the star of that show! Puppy play time is SUPER fun to watch --- but the mechanics of it is really serious business, I think. A bad experience, handled poorly, can impact socialization --- not because of the dog, but because the human won't "let go" of the experience and that anxiety passes on to the dog. Dogs "let go and move on" far more readily than humans!

Bea and I attended three puppy classes - I know, overkill -- but we did it because it was so fun. She was the worst student in each class but that didn't matter; it was great socialization and a great bonding experience. There were "free play" periods before each spring/summer class, weather permitting. Bea was more interested in smelling the grass and visiting with the humans than she was in interacting with other dogs. The trainers had the humans stand at the fence line and NOT pay attention to the puppies --- which forced them to look to each other for interaction; which was great.

One of the important things I learned in that class was 1) what to look for (so you can nip it in the bud) and then 2) What to actually DO when your dog wasn't being a good play friend.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
good job.... he will do well and keep us posted on the classes

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
He is so cute, I cannot believe other puppies are afraid of him! You will enjoy the training. It gives YOU confidence in dealing with your little one.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.