Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teaching Usko some patience

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Teaching Usko some patience

Quote Originally Posted by elearn View Post
    So adorable!! Usko is a good boy!

. He gets confused and then hi-fives the door! LOL

That made me laugh .... I want a video of him ^5 ing the door now!!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by elearn View Post
    So adorable!! Usko is a good boy!

I'm trying to teach Herman how to push open the door. The same thing happens to me - I say "push", but I'm holding the treat in the hand by the door, so he's jumping to get the treat. He gets confused and then hi-fives the door! LOL He would totally hi-five Usko!!!
    First teach him to touch something like a coaster with his snout. Then tape the coaster to the door. Then you can teach him to push it open. Usko can do that too!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spielman
    Likes (Received)

Awesome. How long did it take him to learn that? I have had German Shepard's in the past and they are incredibly quick learners. The one we have now speaks English I am convinced lol. I do not have to change the inflection in my voice what so ever and he behaves better than my 11 year old son and 15 year old daughter.

I have been wondering how smart our bully is going to be and what my expectations should be. I read where many aren't even potty trained at 6 mos and it scares me. All of my GS's would learn to go outside within a week for the most part. I know the stereotype is that bulldogs are not so smart so this video was encouraging.

How old is he?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hstead View Post
    Awesome. How long did it take him to learn that? I have had German Shepard's in the past and they are incredibly quick learners. The one we have now speaks English I am convinced lol. I do not have to change the inflection in my voice what so ever and he behaves better than my 11 year old son and 15 year old daughter.

I have been wondering how smart our bully is going to be and what my expectations should be. I read where many aren't even potty trained at 6 mos and it scares me. All of my GS's would learn to go outside within a week for the most part. I know the stereotype is that bulldogs are not so smart so this video was encouraging.

How old is he?
    Usko is just over 2 years old and a very quick learner. I just hate it when people say that bulldogs are stupid. Many people just don't also even try to train them just bc some say that it's difficult. We haven't really trained that much lately, but we started when he came home at 8 weeks. Usko also understands many words and a simple trick like that one where he has to touch my hand to get the treat took maybe 10 minutes to learn. The amazing thing also is that he is not really in to food and is very picky, but he does get motivated by food when training. I think he just likes to do things. There are tricks that are more difficult to teach him, but I'm sure that with time he would learn just about anything possible for a dog.
    Usko was potty trained at around 4-5 months, but had a little relapse and was finally 100% at 6 months.
    Last edited by RiiSi; 11-24-2012 at 02:53 AM.

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I totally agree with @RiiSi - these are some very intelligent dogs. But they are sneaky too and will pretend they dont hear you or don't understand when they really do!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads