New video of a seizure. Can be disturbing, so please use caution...

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Libra my goodness. I am so sorry he is going through this. I started to tear up and only lasted a couple seconds into it, I just couldn't watch. I really hope he is better. You are such a great bully momma.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh that is so hard to watch let alone be there in person. Vegas is so lucky to have you and he knows it. You really are an amazing bully mama!!!!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Sent my friend requests on facebook :)

And on a side note. We love Baby O, she is a source for laughter in my house as well.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Max, my old bullie used to have grand mals. It was very scary and they would last a good 5 minutes. When he first started doing them, I was really dumb and would stick my hand down his throat to go after his tongue. But now I know it's impossible for a dog to swallow their tongue. I feel for you... I'll keep you guys in my prayers!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1104]jortiz9758[/MENTION]
Vegas averages about one seizure every 3 to 6 weeks. The seizures tend to average about 1 minute..with several minutes after that in which he needs to recover. Sometimes he paces before hand, turns in circles or runs into things. Very rarely does he have more than 1 seizure in a 24 hr period...So far he has no triggers. We thought exhaustion..and anxiety. Those are some triggers, but not always. Both times he's played in salt water (and drank a bit) he had seizures. It gets frustrating..not knowing what to keep him from. In normal everyday life, Vegas is a sweet and loving bulldog who will often look for trouble. He doesn't usually suffer from any side effects of having a seizures..except foraging for food and being tired. He tends to be clumbsy and needs help sometimes getting on the couch (we have a wood wine box flipped upside down that he uses as a step)
I have a series of different videos on my photobucket account if you are curious. They show before and after...and during. These have been very helpful to my neurologist...They actually use his videos as a training device.
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/Libra92673/Before during and after seizures/

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
@kazzy220
Are we friends on facebook? If not, look us up.
Vegas Howard
Orion Howard
We have tons more videos of these silly babies.

I love video-ing them. I have tons! Not a little tons.......alot tons.

[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I'll add you to facebook right now :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.