New video of a seizure. Can be disturbing, so please use caution...

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas is covering just fine. He is sitting next to me on the couch, snoozing away. He's a little "off". Just tired and slow. He's sleeping, which is a GOOD thing. A year and 1/2 ago, he would pace for hours...and have more than one seizure. It was exhausting for him and us. His brain wouldn't shut down and let him settle down...but with the meds he's on he is able to continue on his day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p41l74tHugY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tlOTAILX20
Video.jpg

Last edited:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I was only able watch for brief time and with out sound. It is so sad to see Vegas go through this, he just doesn't understand. Poor little thing. I am glad he is doing better now and thankful you were there with him during this.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OMG, I could only watch for a little bit also, because the tears in my eyes were blocking my view, he is blessed to have a mommy that takes care of him the way you do!! (how does he keep from biting his tongue??)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh Libra I can't say enough how lucky Vegas is to have such a wonderful bully mama. Poor little Vegas, glad he is recovering :heart::heart: Hug and kisses to you Vegas!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]
The majority of the last part of the video is him just laying there while his brain refocuses. Once he gets his wits back, he gets up. The seizure only lasts about 1 min or so. The last part of it is just him....calm.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]
With all the seizures he's had, he's never bitten his tongue. I think it might be physically impossible. His underbite allows his tongue plenty of "safe" room. His top teeth don't come close. But, I do have to try and hold him upright. He tends to roll over on his side and back. When that happens and we aren't around..he can easily aspirate and get pnuemonia.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Poor guy, I hate seeing him go through that... he is indeed lucky to have you to help him get through it

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Video.jpg

Now that I have seen this video I am CERTAIN Mandy had a seizure when she licked that toad- but she was trying to crawl uncontrollably- but the same stiffness to the legs- the foam- she was stuffing her head in the corner and would go back if I tried to pull her away- and her tounge turned blue. You are such a good mommie to Vegas, do you ever get 'used to it', or is it the same reaction from you everytime?

Last edited:
OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]
I wouldn't say I get use to it, but I don't freak out anymore. I know what needs to be done. As long as it doesn't go past 1 to 2 minutes of seizing AND he gets up afterwards...I know it will be okay. The neurologist told us that it doesn't hurt and he doesn't know it's happening. In the video you can see when he comes around.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
OMG I just started balling!!1 Poor Vegas, that is so sad I know it has to be so hard for you to watch him go thru that, but you have to be strong for him.

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
Vegas is so lucky to have you Libra. At the beginning of the video I started to cry, then kept watching and realized that he was going to be ok, and you knew exactly what to do and talked him through it (eventhough he probably couldn't hear you). Bless you for being such a good mommy to him. Oh, and is Orion actually being calm and behaved in the second video? What a good girl, maybe she is growing up!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=340]laurentourville[/MENTION]
I think the sun wins everytime. It's actually about 75 here today, and she is loving it. So, she has been snoozing all afternoon....When the sun is shining everyone is happy. Orion is having a nice day. I feel bad. Baby O has a reputation.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can't say anything more than has already been said in the posts above. You obviously have a very strong and supportive soul to be able to do this and give Vegas what he needs through these episodes. Vegas responds well to your presence and you are truly an amazing bully Mummy ..(or Mommy as you say over here :))

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=340]laurentourville[/MENTION]
I think the sun wins everytime. It's actually about 75 here today, and she is loving it. So, she has been snoozing all afternoon....When the sun is shining everyone is happy. Orion is having a nice day. I feel bad. Baby O has a reputation.

In our house baby O has the reputation of being one of the funniest little bullies we know ........... I send your videos to my mom-in-law and she laughs so much!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]
Are we friends on facebook? If not, look us up.
Vegas Howard
Orion Howard
We have tons more videos of these silly babies.

I love video-ing them. I have tons! Not a little tons.......alot tons.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.