Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
And found some throw aways of Orion. I decided to send it thru photo shop and well............Photoshop is amazing! This is the reason why you want to think twice about deleting a photo that you think is not photo worthy.

Here is the before and after!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Such a great pic of her.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I know there are others out there that are pretty darn good with photoshop
[MENTION=3247]Aldo4ever[/MENTION] for one!

I think you need to post some pre and post photoshop photos!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It is so true! Sometimes I go back and think "why did I not like this one?". Orion is looking so wonderful!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
That looks awesome!! I'm decent with photoshop, but not that good, lol. You guys should post some tutorials of what steps you do, I'd be curious :)

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION]
Since the original photo had the animal version of red eye..I used the manual color/hue correction tool to decrease the color of cyan. (the color green did NOT reduce it, but when I clicked on the eye..the color it registered is cyan) By reducing the saturation all the way to the left, that fixed that. Next..cropping was a must. There was way too much hair on the black background to even work with. Next..I selected the manual version of lighting. I messed with that a little bit to increase the black background. Then I increases the brown/red saturation..but created a layer to soften the opacity.

Too much, right? I'm interested in taking a photo shop class. BUT...they always say "A great photographer creates the photo using the camera, not the computer". I call BS!

[MENTION=3247]Aldo4ever[/MENTION] is trying to teach me her technique with the softening. I have yet to figure it out.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I try to do very little with my photographs that I consider "good," and I'd say they look decent. lol. I took one photography class and the teacher was such a prick, I hated it. I learned a couple photoshop techniques in the process but he was just..not helpful to say the least. I have found I don't enjoy art classes because they tell you what to do.

I'm having serious photoshop withdrawls because my trial expired and now I can't find a version to get working on the computer for free. suggestions? lol.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Try to google "free photo shop programs". I'm not sure, I think the ones like Lightroom are all for purchase.

Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Try Googling gimp. Its a free photo editor software that is similar to Photoshop but free. I used it before I had to buy Photoshop for class.

Sent from my cell phone.... please disregard any spelling errors. Thank you. :)

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=5012]lolaiamyourfather[/MENTION] I tried GIMP once but didn't care for it. I love photoshop but I can't afford it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.