I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Default First page I open up to in Good Housekeeping

I thought it was too cute not to share
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That is cute!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: First page I open up to in Good Housekeeping

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Bulldogs are becoming very popular in advertisements/commercials.... kind of scares me. those not doing their research will start buying them and then .... ugh.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bridget
    Likes (Received)

Have you seen the new VW Jetta commercial advertising keyless entry? It insinuates that the bulldog has eaten the keys and the owner waves the dog in front of the door to demonstrate how keyless entry works. Totally funny to watch and yet horrifying at the same time as I wonder how life threatening that could be in reality. The commercial does end with the owner at the vets.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Bulldogs are becoming very popular in advertisements/commercials.... kind of scares me. those not doing their research will start buying them and then .... ugh.
    I feel the same bullymama. Even more bullies needing rescued
    by a bulldog

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I so agree with you and yes I love all the commercials especially the new Jetta one, but your worry is mine also.. Did you know that the no.1 most popular breed in CA is the EBN?? So many celebrities have them. When people say to me " Oh I want a EB like yours" I feel compelled to spell out the wonderful ups and the not so wonderful downs of the breed. I know there are fantastic breeders out there ( and on this site) but I worry so much about the EB's that are being breed by those not so fantastic breeders. I thought I did all of my research and still...... I love my Dublin and am truly lucky to have her but Oh! what a road it has been. I come from a family of breeders ( Boxers) and they are amazing and follow all guidelines but the stories they could tell..... I plan to adopt one of the ever growing number of abandoned EB's.... Please consider doing the same..

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Super cute ad.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

I'll try to make this short in reference to people buying EB's b/c their cute and popular...

My friend had a pit mix who was hyper and she (& her bf) took no steps to train or exercise her. So they were looking for a new apartment, in a town they just HAD to live in b/c of the school system (they have 2 children), found one, wouldn't allow pitbulls, (why they didn't keep searching for an apartment that did) they got rid of her (shelter or adoption place of some sort), the guy for the apartment 'backed out' and they didn't get the apartment (even though they put a deposit on it don't know how this happens or can happen), they eventually find another apartment back in the city they came from that did allow dogs and got another dog (pit/lab mix)..there really is a point So her bf says to me after seeing pictures of Lilly & Bruin 'I want an EB, that's my next dog' So at this point I'm irritated b/c I'm thinking 'you didn't train or exercise your other dog, which was why she was so hyper and you just got rid of her at the drop of a hat to live somewhere that you didn't even end up living!! Then you go get another dog like its nothing! And you want an EB that requires way more attention than you can obviously give'. So all I said was "yea they're cute, but really costly and very high maintenance" Then prayed my butt off that they don't get one. Let me just note that I haven't seen that friend or her bf since. I lost a lot of respect for them when they got rid of their first dog and got another one, all within a few months.
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LillyNBruin View Post
    I'll try to make this short in reference to people buying EB's b/c their cute and popular...

My friend had a pit mix who was hyper and she (& her bf) took no steps to train or exercise her. So they were looking for a new apartment, in a town they just HAD to live in b/c of the school system (they have 2 children), found one, wouldn't allow pitbulls, (why they didn't keep searching for an apartment that did) they got rid of her (shelter or adoption place of some sort), the guy for the apartment 'backed out' and they didn't get the apartment (even though they put a deposit on it don't know how this happens or can happen), they eventually find another apartment back in the city they came from that did allow dogs and got another dog (pit/lab mix)..there really is a point So her bf says to me after seeing pictures of Lilly & Bruin 'I want an EB, that's my next dog' So at this point I'm irritated b/c I'm thinking 'you didn't train or exercise your other dog, which was why she was so hyper and you just got rid of her at the drop of a hat to live somewhere that you didn't even end up living!! Then you go get another dog like its nothing! And you want an EB that requires way more attention than you can obviously give'. So all I said was "yea they're cute, but really costly and very high maintenance" Then prayed my butt off that they don't get one. Let me just note that I haven't seen that friend or her bf since. I lost a lot of respect for them when they got rid of their first dog and got another one, all within a few months.

You are soooooooooooo much nicer than I would have been -- friend or not, knowing all you do/did I would have flat out said you can not handle the responsibilities of owning an EB -- EB's are not pets they are family members
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LillyNBruin View Post

Those kind of people should not "own" ANY dog. Especially a bully who is not just any dog....

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

GREAT ad! Dont get me started on people we know who shouldnt own pups. ugh.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads