cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Makes me wonder about all these "celebrities" in CA and elsewhere who are popularizing the English Bulldog by being owners and getting their pictures taken with them. I mean, do they take good care of them, are they up to date with the EB's health care needs, or do they have assistants who do all that? I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they do take good care of them (they do make enough $$ right?), but still makes me wonder whenever I see photos of these bullies and their famous owners.

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
You are soooooooooooo much nicer than I would have been -- friend or not, knowing all you do/did I would have flat out said you can not handle the responsibilities of owning an EB -- EB's are not pets they are family members

Well I was/am 95% sure they won't. EB's up here in New England are easily $3500 and I know from experience that its really hard to get adoption places to contact you up here. I know they do not have that kind of money and I'm pretty sure they would give up in a week of trying and just go get some other dog at the city pound. It was hard for me to realize that my friend (and this was a close friend) was so irresponsible. It's too bad.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Well I was/am 95% sure they won't. EB's up here in New England are easily $3500 and I know from experience that its really hard to get adoption places to contact you up here. I know they do not have that kind of money and I'm pretty sure they would give up in a week of trying and just go get some other dog at the city pound. It was hard for me to realize that my friend (and this was a close friend) was so irresponsible. It's too bad.

Lets hope your friend doesnt find an apartment that doesnt allow children!!! ;)

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Makes me wonder about all these "celebrities" in CA and elsewhere who are popularizing the English Bulldog by being owners and getting their pictures taken with them. I mean, do they take good care of them, are they up to date with the EB's health care needs, or do they have assistants who do all that? I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they do take good care of them (they do make enough $$ right?), but still makes me wonder whenever I see photos of these bullies and their famous owners.

My guess would be 1/2 of them have assistants JUST for the EB. I know I could find enough for an assistant to do with the bulldogs :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
First of all that is a very cute ad. Let's hope it makes some people want a bulldog and they in fact turn to their local rescue!! I'm thinking positive here!!!

Being involved in rescue I've seen so many reasons for why a dog ends up with us. The majority is because the bully is suffering from one of the usual bulldog ailments and the owner either can't or won't take care of it any longer!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.