What happens in our house when you chew your paws.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
Hi I just saw this now. The one thing that stands out in your post is the fact that you noticed it when he came back from the kennel and you hit the nail on the head. Now dublin does lick and chew her feet because of allergies but she had a major episode when we took her to NY when taking my son to college. she was amazing on the trip and had to stay with us in numerous "strange" places. We left her with my brother and sister in law on Long Island ( just for a few hours) while we went into the city. When we got back, she was beside herself. She had chewed and licked her paws until they were red and literally dripping in spit and drool. It struck me there and then she was doing that out of anxiety. Poor baby thought we had left her as we never do other than at home. it has taken weeks for her to back off quite a bit from the licking and chewing but once she does it is furious.. If you met her you would be struck by how sweet, laidback and quiet she is. She keeps it all in and boom! the anxiety comes out like it did when we left her that time. I spoke to the vet about it and of course he said there are many reasons that dog lick and chew and anxiety and boredom are two of them. How is Mr. D today???? I have used the Bitter Apple and it works for a lot of things and is very safe, but if Mr. D is doing it for a psychological reason you have to work on distracting him when you see him do it. Let me know how it is going. Ann
Hey look up dermapaw it works wonders for red itchy swollen paws

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Thanks [MENTION=4786]Dubbiedog[/MENTION], they are looking a lot better today! I only used the dermapaw once but didn't see results. Seems maybe his bath Sunday helped some...I used a lot of masaleb shampoo on the paws. @loveabully you got good results from dermapaw? How often did you use it?

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks [MENTION=4786]Dubbiedog[/MENTION], they are looking a lot better today! I only used the dermapaw once but didn't see results. Seems maybe his bath Sunday helped some...I used a lot of masaleb shampoo on the paws. @loveabully you got good results from dermapaw? How often did you use it?

:butterfly: I used it everyday the whole thing but my dog had a lot wrong with him I did see improvement before he passed

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
:butterfly: have you ever heard of dermapaw its for paws go on the website dermapaw.com an as for yeast infection Franklin had one really bad on his tail an all I used was Apple cider vinegar / water 50/50 in spay bottle an in 4 days it was gone but the dermapaw I got for my male that just past he had bad paws I order dermapaw an some socks for dogs that had stretchy thing on them I forget what it's called but they help them stay on View attachment 27374

I just checked it out and am probably going to order, thanks. I have a box full of "stuff" that doesnt' work, so what is one more thing for my beloved girl :2thumbs:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just checked it out and am probably going to order, thanks. I have a box full of "stuff" that doesnt' work, so what is one more thing for my beloved girl :2thumbs:
:butterfly: I hope she gets better hey have you ever heard of vetericyn you can get it from the vet you don't need a prescription it's for hotspots, yeast infections, cuts, burns an it doesn't burn when you put it on like neosporin does some people on ebn use it an they say it works I can't remember who they are right now but I know I went through a lot of stuff for my last dog an those 2 seem to work the best good luck

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:butterfly: oh an apple cider vinegar worked the best for yeast infection for my new puppy Franklin I'm almost positive that if I knew then what I know now I think Diesol would be alive I'm just glad I found this site when I got my first English bulldog

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.