Dozer at 6 yo and Mack at 2 ...still a BEAST

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

This is Dozer at almost 6 yo. He is from S.Africa and comes from a BIG body bloodline (Merriveen/Mervander). He did top out at 90-95 lbs but is down to a slim 85 lbs now.

Dozer Aug 12.jpg

And this is Poppa Mack from Yugoslavia. At 2 yo old he weighs 85 lbs (more like 90 I think?) He hasn't finished filling out yet.
IMG_3061.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko has Merriveen's and Mervander's in his pedigree as well... One CH Merriveen Make My Day for example.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HOLY BULLDOG!!! sweet guys

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
This is probably a super silly question...@ABEBD...when you use bloodlines from Europe ..or anywhere outside U.S....how do you know tempermant and other specifics of the parents. Is is word of mouth? They are very handsome guys..I've always wondered how this is researched....it's hard enough in the same country..can't imagine going outside..

OP
A

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi,

When we first decided to get a EBD, we spent 2 years researching. After 25 years being involved in the Arabian horse breeding and show circuit, we knew how to do research. We got our first one and then kept researching from there. We looked at 1000's of pics of dogs, looked for what was correct in the breed, and looked for bloodlines that had those correctness prominent.

No offense to any local or regional dog who has a CH title, but when dogs have World or International CH and multiple wins and titles, this means that they can compete and win on a national, world level.

I also reach out and network with people to get opinions. But what it comes down to is does the dog or bitch produce puppies that FIT the standard and NOT just cute.

Research, research, research.
And then more research.

Good Day~

OP
A

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Both of them have sired puppies and those puppies are big also. I kept one of them puppies from Dozer X Harley (Az Best Belle Star) and she is now my show dog. I started showing her a year ago and later this month I will be back to the first show place again.

She weighs 54 pounds. We just came from the vet.

Wish me luck!
Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online