Mr.Bruno is all cured and loving life =)

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
attachment.php

Hi Guys!!!!

I wanted to catch up with everyone and just let everyone know that Mr.Bruno has fully recovered from his REALLY bad Staph infection. A total of 6 months of several antibiotics and he is clean. Vet said he should stay clean for a while but it will most likely eventually come back, but that I should contact him as soon as I see his bumps return. This way we can nip it in the bud now that I know what it is and am not messing with foods and other suspected allergies like I did before =(
He has put all his weight back on and is back to his bully 59 pounds =)
My son and I took Mr.Bruno to the lake today for a bit and let him chase a few of the ducks around for a bit ( 10 min to be exact ) and then he was out of breath LoL. We hung out in the shade, I let him dry off and snapped up a few pics.
Hope you guys like them.

IMG_8839 copy.jpgIMG_8854.jpgIMG_8856 copy.jpgIMG_8862.jpgIMG_8880 copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Great news! Awesome pics and he looks so great!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He looks awesome! Added the thumb for you :) It will show up with bbcode but not on attachments so we add them as they are posted.

Guess now you know which photo I loved! But they are all awesome! Love the one of Bruno with your mini-me! Are you starting a photography business?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great news for Bruno and you. Hope you don't have to through that again!

OP
jortiz9758

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Are you starting a photography business?
I do it as a hobby. I love taking pictures. I taught myself photoshop and bought a fancy SLR camera a little over 2years ago. I usually photograph events like car shows, dog events and parties for friends and family just to practice. Don't think my pictures are quite ready yet for a biz. Someday maybe :thumbup: Thank you for the compliment on the pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
@jortiz9758

Nice shots !
Apparently I missed the original thread. How did he get a staph infection ?
How does that happen?

I ask cause my Jack has small little bumps on the back of his neck that just will not go away.
I thought it was food releated but after switching him to all different kibbles , I think I finally have the right one for him, hoever those small bumbs are still there....

Its where they inserted the microchip so Im also thinking it is just his body reacing to that metal chip under his skin.

OP
jortiz9758

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
[MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION]

It started with just a few small bumps on his sides. Then they turned into little circles with scabs on them all over, where the hair would fall off. I thought he was allergic to something so I gave him benadryl and switched his food over for about a month or so . He got to the point where it got so bad that I took him to the Vet. He ran a ton of bloodwork and allergy tests $$$$$$. He was not allergic to anything. It came back as an aggressive Staph Infection. He put him on Cipro and Cephalexin for months along with Peroxide shampoo.
He is so much better now , but he said it will eventually come back someday =(
Below are a few pics of when it was at its worse and I took him to the Vet.
b127db80.jpg

f99682f9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.