So embarrassed, but have a reason....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Poor Vegas pulled his left leg muscle about 3 1/2 weeks ago, he was due then to get his "pawdecure" (I take him to Petsmart and have them Dremel his nails). Well with a pulled muscle and a steroid shot to the leg we have had to wait. It has been almost 2 months. His leg is MUCH better but Ohhhhh those nails! I am taking him tomorrow with strict instructions to Ruby (she is the only one I let do his nails) to be extra careful and of course I will be standing there the whole time. I will be embarrassed to take him, but she knows me and knows Vegas, I bet the other techs will be thinking "finally she is getting that poor dogs nails done, lol)

They have never, ever been this long. Eewww!!

SAM_2503.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Dont feel bad Kelly,,, it was prolly better that he didnt go in for nails while he was healing. They dont look too awfully bad.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
OH man call the dog police, :ROFL: I can't say any thing, I need to do Buddy's too.

csandvik

Jul 3, 2012
Woodbridge, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
Oh don't feel bad. Matilda used to have one nail that I swear was on steroids! We had to constantly trim it to keep it from curling. She hated it and would make a sound like we were cutting her foot off. Truth be told I think she hated to sound of the clippers. My little auditory defensive bulldog.:tongue:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HOLY doggie nails!! all for a good reason though.... give the boy kisses and hugs from me

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh man!!! Don't worry, you had a very very good reason :). I just cut Lucy's yesterday and hers were sooooo long. She has never wanted anyone to touch her feet since she was a baby. She tries to get away and it takes two people to hold her down. IT SUCKS so I don't do it as often as I should! It is just so incredibly traumatic for her.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
HOLY doggie nails!! all for a good reason though.... give the boy kisses and hugs from me

Damnnnn make me feel better :lmao: I will give him extra kisses and hugs from you as he is traumatized getting his holy dog nails done!! :laugh:

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
:whew:

It sure is about time... lol

I think Vegas will forgive you - and don't worry about those other techs - we all know you take very good care of your baby - and lets face it - we're the only ones that matter!

I must be the only lucky one of us who's bully loves it when I do his nails! He just flops down and I clip and file... He normally falls asleep...

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I must be the only lucky one of us who's bully loves it when I do his nails! He just flops down and I clip and file... He normally falls asleep...

I'm jealous! Both of mine have long nails and I have to fight with them to even get close to cutting them. I'm actually looking for new clippers right now. I think my clippers are dull so its 'pulling' when I try to cut :nope: poor pups. I just bought a rotary file (not a dremmel :wallbang: I should have), but they will barely let me near them with that thing.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] That's about the length of Bruin's right now, Lilly tends to sit for a few seconds, so I'm able to sort of clip hers before she starts trying to "bite" me. She hates it so much but she refuses to actually chomp down on my hand. Sweet little girl putting up with me.

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
[MENTION=322]LillyNBruin[/MENTION] Pan doesn't like the whining noise that the dremmel makes. So we opted for a nice set of nail clippers with a length guard. He has one black nail that makes me nervous, so that one typically is a tad bit longer than the rest of them. But we go on the back porch and he flops down beside me and I just clip away. Then I take a small piece of fine grit sand paper and smooth them down.... All the while he either lays there snoring or just looks at me with one eye half open.

On occasion he gets a rash on his dangly parts and when he sees the desitin and latex glove he automatically rolls over and spreads eagle... I think he just loves the attention! He's such a mama's boy!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=2879]PeterPanAndWendy[/MENTION] Yup just go ahead and rub it in :lol:

All of Bruin's nails except one are black I definitely know what you mean :nervous:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.