"Daddy's Girl" "Cool" time together

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
So hot here so Mike and Dubbie decided to take a little break and cool off :sunny: She will sit by the sliding glass door and give you stink eye:stinkeye: until someone gets the picture. That's usually Mike :p He did have her swim the length of the pool before she got out and now we have a :pouting: bully....... She needs her exercise:2thumbs: Daddy's Girl 1.jpgDaddy's Girl 2.jpgDaddy's Girl 3.jpg

kayo56

Jul 11, 2012
Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet.
I was always under the impression that bulldogs couldn't swim and didn't like water; which seemed a pity, considering how overheated they get.

I'm glad to see that Dubbie is getting her use out of that beautiful water, not to mention her own float.

This weekend, my brother's bulldog was so indignant to see my brother in a pool with his nephew, that she stood quivering at the edge, sinking her nose ever closer to the water. She finally got in, and I don't think she got the concept of swimming (she takes after her Daddy; it was his first time in my sister's pool, although she's lived in the house nearly twenty years). But Daddy held her as she snorted her way back to the safety of the concrete.

I was glad to have gotten a picture, I fully expected the world to end by nightfall that day. When it comes to putting himself into water for anything but bathing, my brother makes the Wicked Witch of the West look like a mermaid.

Dubbie is gorgeous; love her coloring.

P1000858.jpgP1000854.jpgP1000855.jpgP1000856.jpgP1000857.jpg This is the photo record of Whiskey's Aquatic Adventures.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Some bulldogs can swim and some don't and with patience I think you maybe able to teach them. I have never tried if mine can. It's better to try in a controlled manner, not in an accident. Dubbie is a tru mermaid:heart:

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I was always under the impression that bulldogs couldn't swim and didn't like water; which seemed a pity, considering how overheated they get.

I'm glad to see that Dubbie is getting her use out of that beautiful water, not to mention her own float.

This weekend, my brother's bulldog was so indignant to see my brother in a pool with his nephew, that she stood quivering at the edge, sinking her nose ever closer to the water. She finally got in, and I don't think she got the concept of swimming (she takes after her Daddy; it was his first time in my sister's pool, although she's lived in the house nearly twenty years). But Daddy held her as she snorted her way back to the safety of the concrete.

I was glad to have gotten a picture, I fully expected the world to end by nightfall that day. When it comes to putting himself into water for anything but bathing, my brother makes the Wicked Witch of the West look like a mermaid.

Dubbie is gorgeous; love her coloring.

View attachment 25463View attachment 25464View attachment 25465View attachment 25466View attachment 25467 This is the photo record of Whiskey's Aquatic Adventures.

First, I have to say I love the name "Whiskey" Everything I heard about Bullies ( before Dublin) was that they don't or can't swim. Of course I was terrified because we had the pool. So many horrible stories out there of bullies drowning. I did notice on the breeder's website that she had great pics of her EB in or floating in the pool. We are big boater too so we hoped that Dublin would at least like being around water. As you can see she is a very short legged "round" girl so not the best frame for swimming no matter what:D If you watch Cesar Milan you will see that all of the EB on his show swim. Something he said really struck me. He said " look at your dog as a dog first and then look at the breed" meaning don't just put your dog into a mold because of what we are led to believe what one breed of dog can or cannot do over another. Obviously there are many EB out there who can't or won't swim ( just like other breeds or people) We introduced Dublin to the water very slowly and she loved it day one. It was my husband who had the patience and body strength to teach her to swim and it has not put her off loving the water. She is the first off the boat when we pull up on a beach and into the water. We never leave her alone by the pool even though she can swim to the steps. She is no Missy Franklin but she a "bathing beauty" in her own rights ;) Man, my posts are way to long........

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awesome pics!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
25446d1344448867-daddys-girl-cool-time-together-daddys-girl-1.jpg

No way are your posts too long. Love reading them!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great pics, she looks good on that floaty.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Those are fantastic! Looks like Dublin has been nibbling on the edge of the floaty. I really like the second picture. :)

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
She has him wrapped around those pudgy paws of hers:laugh:. She is very stingy with kisses but Mike got one in that second pic. They are definite "pool buddies"
That floaty is made of thick foam but those "dainty" nails can do some damage. Oh I love that she is a "Merbully" Is that in the dictionary?:reading:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Love the pictures of the bullies in the pool! Dubbie looks so sweet on her floatie and Whiskey looked like she REALLY wanted in the pool in that first picture.

Gypsy CAN swim, but not well. Her back end is just so heavy that she starts sinking after just a few seconds. Don't know about Gator....He might actually be able to manage it!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH my what a great day with daddy.... love the float pictures

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh i love it. anytime i see a bully in a pool or water i love it. sarah wont get in at all. if i put her in she gets right back out so i get jealous of this. lol

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Oh I just love the pool pics! Bea would love to have a pool! (a real one - not just her puppy pool) But here in WA, we'd only use it for a month or something and then mothballs for the rest of the year.....ugh.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online