Antler I talked about. can you have a look?

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
25051d1344002692-antler-i-talked-about-can-you-have-look-antler2.jpg

Should have posted these yesterday:wallbang: Bringing it back this morning....Antler1.jpgantler2.jpgantler3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the question or the thread about Antlers. What is the question or statement ?

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Yeah, that looks too brittle. Frank has had probably 6 antlers so far, mostly deer, and that has never happened. He always just grinds away and all that comes off are little flakes until he gets to the end and I take it away when it gets too small. I always supervise him while he is chewing and have never seen chunks come off like that.

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the question or the thread about Antlers. What is the question or statement ?

Bought this antler for Dublin yesterday and there were chunks coming off so of course I looked to everyone here for advice and of course I am never disapointed :2thumbs: She could have choked on some of the pieces too...

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven has one that is about six months old and it doesn't look as dry as that one. That might be the problem, it looks really dry and brittle. I just ordered some, which was sold by weight, from a site another member recommended. I am very happy with what I got from them. She will be chewing away for a long time. I will send you the link in a private message since I am not sure if we can post the link on here.

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Yeah, that looks too brittle. Frank has had probably 6 antlers so far, mostly deer, and that has never happened. He always just grinds away and all that comes off are little flakes until he gets to the end and I take it away when it gets too small. I always supervise him while he is chewing and have never seen chunks come off like that.

Thanks, I thought so. Is this the type of antler you get for Frank? Elk looks really tough but doesn't look as much fun

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Gizmo and Hershey like Elk and Deer, but they arent too fond of Moose - and that is a nice heavy piece too! oh well.. It definately looks like that particular antler is dried out, was it hollowed out at the end like that when you bought it? or did he work the marrow out?

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Gizmo and Hershey like Elk and Deer, but they arent too fond of Moose - and that is a nice heavy piece too! oh well.. It definately looks like that particular antler is dried out, was it hollowed out at the end like that when you bought it? or did he work the marrow out?

She worke the marrow out and chunks of the outside as well She absolutely love it so I do want to get her one that is good

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Thanks, I thought so. Is this the type of antler you get for Frank? Elk looks really tough but doesn't look as much fun

Yes, Frank mostly gets deer antlers that size and he loves them. I was tired of him going through them so fast because he loves to just lay there and gnaw on them for hours at a time, so I got him an enormous elk antler that so far, through hours of determination, he has only managed to scrape off some of the outside. I think he views it as a challenge, so he is enjoying it.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Can't say I've ever seen a white antler. I get mine from a local company here (well 5 hours away). I have 2 and they're still going and I got them in May. Antlers that you buy should not be white!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I will send you the link in a private message since I am not sure if we can post the link on here.
You can put a link here as long as it's not a competitor's website (a bully site) or a breeder. When in doubt just ask one of us. :2thumbs: Here's the forum rules. :)

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=252-Our-Forum-Rules

Allowable links:
Youtube
Wikipedia
Articles and Information from Non-Competitor websites
Ebay
Amazon
Photobucket, Imageshack and other image hosting sites
Your Facebook, Twitter and other social media

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh that does not look like the ones i have. mine have more bone and less marrow and are very solid all the way through and are brownish and some tan. i got mine at petco and my large high end pet store where i live.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.