Ellie Mae goes swimming.....accidently

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
So after feeding Ellie Mae supper, I took her out to potty. Being the inquisitive little puppy that she is, knocked over pool net that was leaning up against the house, scaring the bejesus out of her. In doing so, she jumped backwards...........right into the koi pond. Of course, I was about 15 feet away when I hear the plop of a splash and saw her kicking for all she could. Little bugger can swim pretty darn good as she was already at the edge and climbing out in the couple of seconds it took me to get over to her. She was SOAKED!!! I also think that she was slightly embarrassed as she stuck to me like glue until I got her dried up. Looks like she'll be getting her first bath tonight.

IMAG0144.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Please give that beautiful baby a big kiss and hug for being smart & capable!
She looks so happy to be safe in her crate, damp but happy
:)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Scary isnt it? HRH did something similar when she first came here to rule. She fell in our koi pond and I jumped in to get her. I fenced the pond a couple days later.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
She has been right next to me when I've had her out to make sure she was ok. She was fully submerged and all I could think of was the horror stories of bully's drowning.:pouting: I just took her out and as we went outside, she stared at the Koi pond the ENTIRE time. She didn't even try to potty.....just sat at my feet and glared evilly at the pond.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awwww poor baby... wicked old pond going to get her

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
It's just a small pre-formed pond from Lowe's but it is definitely scary. I've got a 9'x12'x2' high wooden frame made with light 1"x2"s that I stapled plastic netting to that I put over the pond in the late summer/early fall to keep the leaves out. Looks like I'll be putting that over it early this year. :yes:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Obviously instinct kicked in.. Good for her despite the fright she was planning on getting the heck out of there:yes: Though Dublin can swim really well in our pool I still hold my breath every time I see her.

kayo56

Jul 11, 2012
Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet.
I never thought bulldogs could swim; I was surprised to see someone post a picture of his friend's bulldog paddling around in a built in pool.

Of course, even if Ellie May wasn't mad at the koi pond, it has one obvious drawback to being her personal pond, ie, the koi.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gypsy just did something similar down in the keys! The house is on the canal and she plopped right in and it was dark! I yelled and my husband ran to the canal throwing stuff out of his pockets the entire time. I think he ran out of his shoes! She swam some small circles but her butt end was really low and she wouldn't have floated much longer. It took both of us to get her fat butt out. lol

SO SCARY!

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
No need to worry. She's all dry now. I was her knight in shining armor! :yes:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my how scary but im glad it turned out well. least you know she can swim now. poor mean ole pond got her. :nonono:

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
I'm so glad that she escaped! We have a small pond for the ducks, Pan won't go anywhere near it. He hates the water, he actually sits on the porch if the hose is out, for fear that he may get wet.... Lol (yes I hose him off on occasion, so I suppose I would hide too!)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.