Dublin "enjoying" the pool

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
This was before her most recent surgery for her breathing problems. She loves lounging on her floaty but I can't say swimming is her favorite pastime:nonono: but it was big thing with us as we do have the pool and we wanted to know that if she did fall in then she could make it to the steps. My husband taught her to swim. Luckily she has great affinity for the water. She is never out there out alone ( but we know that can unforunately change in an instant) She is on the short legged, rotund side :yes: ( a lot to do with all of the steroids she has been on) so not easy for her. You may notice that she sticks the tip of her tounge out like a little beacon

[video=youtube;_VTloIgZqCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_VTloIgZqCY[/video]

Video.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She's a pretty good swimmer there, and a pretty girl too. But she needs a swim suit on, :eek: this is a family site. :ROFL:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw well she can swim for sure. looks like sarah she dont like the water and would have swum right to the steps and got out to. :yes:

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
:ROFL: :ROFL:

She swims really good! She looked a bit winded when she got out though, lol. Beautiful private pool too.

yes, she was winded. We took that before her last surgery so hopefully she will be better when she is fully recovered. She swims so fast so that she can get out:whew: as quickly as possible. As I said floating not swimming is her forte. We just have her swim every now and then just so she remembers where the stairs are.:2thumbs: We are working hard on her weight but with her on steroids so much it has proven really difficult. She has lost nearly 4 lb in six months ( and since that video ) but needs to loose at least 4-5 more. So hot here and with her recovering from surgery exercise has been another issue. She is two in August and weighs 47 lbs. she has very short legs ( my excuse as well and I'm sticking to it :p )

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Wow, look at her go! She is a speedy swimmer! She is such a cutie. I hope that she is recovering well from her surgery and her breathing is better.

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I loved her little look of determination and consentration :love: I'm sure with just 5lbs off she looks very different. Thats the problem with steroids though and I for one think you are doing well to have dropped so much weight from her in such a short space of time :bravo:

First thanks for the "Kudos" on the weight/steroid issue. It has been so difficult and I have a little OCD ( or a lot if you ask my family) about it:loco2: She wont' be two until August 22nd and she has had two major surgeries for her breathing issues so we have had long periods of no exercise because of recuperation time ( and we live in FL) and even longer periods of steroids. Both her surgeon and her own Dr. are okay with her weight but of course would be happy if she loses more but they understand the situation. She still has one full week of "rest" before she has the green light to get back to normal routine. She is slimmer right now than in that video so we are on the right road. I am a "hawk eye" when it comes to making sure that my kids and husband don't feed her "treats" Their excuse " just look at that face. How can you say no?" :pouting:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Well, I think she is a little cutie pie at whatever weight she is at :luv:

Thanx for the video ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.