Oliver

Drool Catcher AdventuresWithOliver's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherri
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Oh, Oliver.

Oliver is doing well! We never had to go back to the hospital for a check-up, aside from the 6 week one. They told us then that we should wait another month or two to allow him to play. We were at our normal vet's last week and she checked out his leg. She said he is in great shape but said that it was her professional opinion that when dog's get the "okay" to resume normal playing at 12 weeks, they have a higher rate of blowing out the ACL in the other leg. She felt (and she reiterated it was just her opinion) that there should be a longer recovery period. We love our vet and value her opinion so much so we decided not to hit up the dog park until late September. We play mildly out in our backyard and have had a few controlled play-dates here at the house. BUT, Oliver is definitely feeling more like himself - getting into mischief and having fun!

Glad to hear Cutty is at 100%!!!! Give him hugs from us!
    Life is always an Adventure with Oliver!
    http://adventureswitholiver.tumblr.com/

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AdventuresWithOliver View Post
    Oliver is doing well! We never had to go back to the hospital for a check-up, aside from the 6 week one. They told us then that we should wait another month or two to allow him to play. We were at our normal vet's last week and she checked out his leg. She said he is in great shape but said that it was her professional opinion that when dog's get the "okay" to resume normal playing at 12 weeks, they have a higher rate of blowing out the ACL in the other leg. She felt (and she reiterated it was just her opinion) that there should be a longer recovery period. We love our vet and value her opinion so much so we decided not to hit up the dog park until late September. We play mildly out in our backyard and have had a few controlled play-dates here at the house. BUT, Oliver is definitely feeling more like himself - getting into mischief and having fun!

Glad to hear Cutty is at 100%!!!! Give him hugs from us!
    Oh great news! Think e need a new pic of him being happy to fish off the acl posts. so do you let him run? Like chase a ball? Out should I say when should he be able to chase a ball? Not in a hurry to let him, I am anxious at the thought actually. Not sure if I need to go back to the very for a final check, I just figured I did. Will make me feel good tho to be reassured that he is ok. He wants to wrestle miila like crazy, along with other things.... Ugh. But his only real play is fetch and he hasn't played since he got hurt 5 months ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

So happy for Oliver Glad things are going great!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AdventuresWithOliver View Post
    Attachment 24507

For the first time since Oliver's TTA surgery back in May, we've noticed just this past week that he is 100% fully himself again. And how do we know this? Because he keeps getting into trouble! But how can anyone stay mad at a mug like this?

oh he looks adorable. is it true that bulldogs has their "moment" when they get irritated easily? I'm thinking of getting one though I am somewhat "scared".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads