You're Going To What!?!?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh the poor thing. coming home with his "boys" in a jar :ROFL: he looks like hes scared already

OP
TonkaTruck28

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Myself, I am relieved to have this done for Tonka. He has already calmed down and changed so much temperament wise in the last few weeks, I am excited to help him change into an even calmer, happier boy! He is a bit of a humper now ( daycare actually asked if he was going to be neutered LOL) so I am hoping it helps that, though I know it might not lol. I actually thought he had stopped humping because around us he has stopped completely. I guess we are on our way to being pack leaders!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=5370]Englishbully13[/MENTION]. I too think 4 months is a bit young for neutering, unless it's for health reasons. We had Jake neutered at 11 months and we have quite a few members who wait until 18 months. It did not change Jake's behavior at all..

Englishbully13

Jul 10, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I don't know what i was thinking saying 4 months he was actually born in january so he is 6 months... still think thats to soon??

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Yes...... [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] 's vet says 18 months so I'd tend to go along with that.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I don't know what i was thinking saying 4 months he was actually born in january so he is 6 months... still think thats to soon??

I think the general consensus, is to wait until they are older if you can.
We did end up having Rook neutered right around 6 months, and I can't say that I have seen any negative side effects from doing it at that age.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
photo.JPG

sorry!!! couldn't help myself :ROFL:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Being a typical Texan (starting ****...already :)...not really but just wanting to know
y'all's opinion on doing spays & neuters LATER (at maturation) so as to let the dogs
bones fully develop...some Vets & Breeders are saying research shows this may cut
down on bone cancers, etc and are advising S/N on the breed's maturation age.

What are y'all's thoughts & experiences on this subject? Brutie (I've had a month) is
3 yrs old and is neutered but I do have hopes and dreams of getting a puppy in the
future. BTW...what is the average age of maturity in the English Bulldog? Thanks!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.