Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
A bully spa! :up:

Henny, if Finn really takes to it like it looks like he is, go get a bigger pool. What's the width? I'm just curious. :) Emma can swim really well with her jacket on, we were amazed. She's so agile though and Wilson's big and boxes.

It is 35 inches in width. My brother has a pool so maybe next time we go there i'll put life jackets on them and put 'em in there :)

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
How cute! My dad's dogs have a pool, but its one of the bigger sized plastic blue ones; the dogs love it. I guess Tate just isn't a water bully, but Finn sure is cute in his pool!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Perhaps if Tate just watches Finn enough he will get brave. Thanks for the video. Loved it!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea will play ALL DAY in the same pool. I have to make her get out. Bo, on the other hand, is standoffish about the pool and I think I figured out why finally. I think Bo sees it as "Bea's pool". I'm thinking of getting another little pool just to see if this changes the dynamic. There's no flat spot big enough in the dog's yard to fit a larger pool.

I can't imagine NOT having a dog pool in the summer. Now you need some fun pool toys! Maybe that will encourage Finn's participation? Bo loves to "rescue" a giant purple rubber bone we have for the pool. He can't stand it if that bone is in the water. He'll go and get it and drop it in the yard somewhere, away from the pool. Funny dogs.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
It is 35 inches in width. My brother has a pool so maybe next time we go there i'll put life jackets on them and put 'em in there :)
That's the small one. The regular size is 44" across. I took Emma's life jacket off and put her lease on (she had her harness on too) just to see if she'd float or sink. She sunk. I did it in a shallow part of the lake that had a deeper section with a huge shelf rock so I was able to see her the entire time. I really thought she'd be able to stay afloat since she's so slim, long legged and lanky. Nope!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
They are both too funny! Brutus is just like Tate he will just watch :) He prefers a water bowl to play in with ice :ROFL: Go figure

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online