Road Trip 2012: The Cross-Country Move

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Some of you guys may know that me and Watson are on the move from Charleston, SC to California. We started out first leg on Thursday and arrived in Biloxi, MS then the second day we went from Biloxi to Houston. Watson held up really well. He slept 80% of the time. We are in Houston now for the weekend and Watson was happy to meet so many new people.

IMG_20120628_050305.jpg

This was 5a.m. when we took off. He was still sleepy

He alternated between these few positions in the car.
IMG_20120628_120040.jpg

IMG_20120628_113303.jpg

545416_142823035854420_1977100154_n.jpg

We stopped every 3 hours but what I realized was the rest stops are not very pet friendly and there were alot of bugs so these were quick stops for him to stretch out and get some fresh water.

Once we got to Houston he got to play with my relatives and had lots of fun.

SAM_0380.jpg

SAM_0384.jpg

SAM_0385.jpg

SAM_0435.jpg

SAM_0454.jpg

SAM_0464.jpg

SAM_0466.jpg

Me trying to open a bottle of Champagne last night
DSC_2750.jpg

My Houston relatives
DSC_2899.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Pooor Watson.. lol Thanx for bringing us up to date on the migration. Big family you have in Houston. ;)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad the trip has gone so well so far. How long are you staying in Houston before the next leg of the journey?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
you didn't get anyone in the eye w/that champagne cork, did ya?!:laugh:

looking forward to hearing and seeing more of your travel journal til you get home to So Cal!!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Be safe on your journey, Watson looks very comfortable in the navigator's seat!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Everyone looks great! You guys must be really really bonding. He's such a good boy. give him a hug from us

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Watson is such a photogenic bully boy!!! And I love that you are keeping us up to date on where your travels are taking you. I'm following your progress too on facebook ............ enjoy your big adventure together!! :up:

Texkota

Jun 21, 2012
South Riding, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Renzo
How great is it to have family to visit on your journey? That's so cool. I'm in the process of trying to get a transfer to Washington D.C. so most likely we'll have a cross country trip coming up too. Hope all goes well.

Tell Watson...Waaaazzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuuppppp

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great co-pilot......

IMG_20120628_113303.jpg

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Awww Watson..he's so precious. He looks like a male version of Delilah :)
Glad he is handling the trip well. He seems to do what Delilah would do..sleep!! haha. Or she stands on my center counsel to be my co pilot, lol.

OP
Watson

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Pooor Watson.. lol Thanx for bringing us up to date on the migration. Big family you have in Houston. ;)
thanks, Bruce, big family indeed. we have more in California.

Glad the trip has gone so well so far. How long are you staying in Houston before the next leg of the journey?
Lari, we are staying until Monday morning. We are going to leave at 5am and try to get to New Mexico.

We are waiting for you! It's great to keep up on your travels! Watson looks and sounds like a great traveling companion! Be safe!
He has been great. Of course he doesn't get the same freedom as when he is at home but we will get there soon

you didn't get anyone in the eye w/that champagne cork, did ya?!:laugh:

looking forward to hearing and seeing more of your travel journal til you get home to So Cal!!
Well, the whole time the waiter is like don't shake it or make the floor wet. My dad is like shake it. So I opened one with shaking which wasn't dramatic enough so they made me open a second which fizzled everywhere

OP
Watson

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Be safe on your journey, Watson looks very comfortable in the navigator's seat!
He has lots of space, thanks.

Everyone looks great! You guys must be really really bonding. He's such a good boy. give him a hug from us
everyone he giving him a hug. everyone says he is well-behaved and is cute.

Watson the "road warrior" :) Here's to safe travels and new adventures.....
haha, more like "sleep warrior"...if only he could drive some.

Watson is such a photogenic bully boy!!! And I love that you are keeping us up to date on where your travels are taking you. I'm following your progress too on facebook ............ enjoy your big adventure together!! :up:
thanks, I will keep you guys updated. we should be in California on Tuesday

OP
Watson

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
How great is it to have family to visit on your journey? That's so cool. I'm in the process of trying to get a transfer to Washington D.C. so most likely we'll have a cross country trip coming up too. Hope all goes well.

Tell Watson...Waaaazzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuuppppp
yeah, it is a nice break for me, watson and the car. I haven't seen my relatives in houston for 5 years. Hope renzo is the calm type, it will make for a better trip for you guys

Great co-pilot......
he's my GPS:p
Awww Watson..he's so precious. He looks like a male version of Delilah :)
Glad he is handling the trip well. He seems to do what Delilah would do..sleep!! haha. Or she stands on my center counsel to be my co pilot, lol.
he does look like Delilah except fatter and out of shape:lol: he can't jump any hurdles.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.