Farewell party

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Our co-workers met together today for a little farewell party. Since it was at a park, I took Watson with me. Bought him a cooling bandana yesterday just for this. He did well other than trying to eat every crumb off the floor:ROFL:. Most of the comments I got were that "he is so huge." Oh yeah, he was very good with the kids other than trying to air hump a two year old girl. :nonono:

IMG_20120617_143108.jpg
Are we there yet?

IMG_20120617_152333.jpg
Like my cooling bandana?

IMG_20120617_152631.jpg
ok kid, you can pet my back

IMG_20120617_152816.jpg
everyone must recycle their plastic bottles

IMG_20120617_164308.jpg
Here he is with one of my coworkers

IMG_20120617_164354.jpg

IMG_20120617_171837.jpg
We are finally home, can't you tell I am ready for my nap...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
He is just so cute .... what were your thoughts on the cooling bandana?? We have never tried them and I'm still not sure they would be any good here ... Ohio summers not only get very hot but also very humid!! Linus shows signs of having difficulty breathing if the temp and humidity gets even slightly higher than normal.

OP
Watson

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
He is just so cute .... what were your thoughts on the cooling bandana?? We have never tried them and I'm still not sure they would be any good here ... Ohio summers not only get very hot but also very humid!! Linus shows signs of having difficulty breathing if the temp and humidity gets even slightly higher than normal.

I think it works better with a collar than a harness. It is pretty easy in that you just soak it in cold water for 15 mins and these gel balls expand and keeps the neck cool for a whole day. He stayed in a covered area the whole time so it wasn't too hot. I think it is ok.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Those are some great photos! I love your Watson :luv:. He's so eco-conscious too isn't he, monitoring that recycled bin!!:laugh:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks like Watson had a great time and was a hit.

OP
Watson

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Look at that handsome guy! Looks like he had a good time.
yeah, he did, thanks

Those are some great photos! I love your Watson :luv:. He's so eco-conscious too isn't he, monitoring that recycled bin!!:laugh:
haha, his daddy is actually bad at recycling so he has to keep reminding me

Looks like Watson had a great time and was a hit.
thanks, David, he is very good with kids but he is so strong I am afraid he will knock them down

OP
Watson

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
My friend just sent me some pics

Watson and his Daddy

IMG_5200.jpg
I think Watson just farted!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My friend just sent me some pics

Watson and his Daddy

IMG_5200.jpg
I think Watson just farted!

Never ... a gentleman does not fart. I suspect it was a nearby cat that did it!!! :whistle:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
so [MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION], does this mean your road trip back to CA will begin soon? are you and Watson ready for it?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

I think the cooling bands are very beneficial for our pups because they are very beneficial for me. I used to work in a factory in Ohio where, due to the machinery, it was always at a minimum 15 degrees hotter inside than it was outside and if it was humid it permeated the whole place. I also have asthma. I do not tolerate humidity well at all. The only thing that made it possible to work in that envionronment was cold wet cloths worn around the neck. Now that they have the cooling gel it's even better because they stay cooler longer. Just refresh in a drinking fountain often if outside long, or they are great even if you use only for quick trips outside on those miserable hot days.

OP
Watson

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Never ... a gentleman does not fart. I suspect it was a nearby cat that did it!!! :whistle:
At least not out loud....the silent ones are the deadliest:lmao:

this is a very good photo. Truly Watson is getting more handsome all the time
thank you, Sherry

so @Watson, does this mean your road trip back to CA will begin soon? are you and Watson ready for it?
We turn the apartment over on June 27th. We are going to stay at my friends house that night and take off first thing in the morning on June 28th. Watson is a little wigged out about why things are changing but I keep his routine as close to normal as possible.

I think the cooling bands are very beneficial for our pups because they are very beneficial for me. I used to work in a factory in Ohio where, due to the machinery, it was always at a minimum 15 degrees hotter inside than it was outside and if it was humid it permeated the whole place. I also have asthma. I do not tolerate humidity well at all. The only thing that made it possible to work in that envionronment was cold wet cloths worn around the neck. Now that they have the cooling gel it's even better because they stay cooler longer. Just refresh in a drinking fountain often if outside long, or they are great even if you use only for quick trips outside on those miserable hot days.
I left the cooling bandana on him even after we got home and I just went to check it. No longer cool now so it lasted from 1pm to 10pm. Pretty good. I am gonna get him another one for the road trip coming up. I will put two bandanas on him to maxmize the cooling.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Great pics! looks like he had a great time and was well behaved for the most part.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.