RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Picked her up last night and loving every minute of her. She made it through last night in her crate (from about 10:30 until 6:45 this morning) with only whining once around 1:00 a.m. She's done WONDERFUL with going to potty. except for what was in her crate this morning,

Hershey is 14 weeks, and we get up with him ever 3 hours to let him out - its easier getting up for a few minutes and him learning to go outside, than clean up the mess, and bath routine everymorning, and have him thinking its 'Ok to do his business in his crate' There is a formula, that puppies are too young to hold it, its like 1 hour per month plus 1 hour so 8 week old puppy, would be 3 hours MAXIMUM.

I hope this helps :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Love her name .. and what a gorgeous little bully-baby!!! :heart:

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Hershey is 14 weeks, and we get up with him ever 3 hours to let him out - its easier getting up for a few minutes and him learning to go outside, than clean up the mess, and bath routine everymorning, and have him thinking its 'Ok to do his business in his crate' There is a formula, that puppies are too young to hold it, its like 1 hour per month plus 1 hour so 8 week old puppy, would be 3 hours MAXIMUM.

I hope this helps :)

While I understand that, she'll have to learn to hold it over the next few months. What works for some, doesn't always work for others. :) I plan on coming home at lunch for feeding her and potty breaks, but I won't be able to leave work every 2 hours to take her out, so it'll be the growing pains of having a new puppy. She's using her pad (instead of her bed) in her crate without destroying it and using the bathroom almost every time she's taken outside, so I think we're making progress. We've managed to avoid baths to this point. It's only been 2 days, so there's still a long way to go.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I will keep everything crossed for you .... the house training was always the most tiresome bit of having a new puppy!!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
While I understand that, she'll have to learn to hold it over the next few months. What works for some, doesn't always work for others. :) I plan on coming home at lunch for feeding her and potty breaks, but I won't be able to leave work every 2 hours to take her out, so it'll be the growing pains of having a new puppy. She's using her pad (instead of her bed) in her crate without destroying it and using the bathroom almost every time she's taken outside, so I think we're making progress. We've managed to avoid baths to this point. It's only been 2 days, so there's still a long way to go.

I'm a stay at home Dad right now (after 16 years IBM offshored my job) so we are fortunate in that aspect :) so its like clock work for us :) we just hope that we get through this part of 'puppy stage' LOL

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
She's precious! Welcome home Ellie Mae!!

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Gracias to all. So far, so good on the house/crate training. I put her to bed around 11 last night and she was still dry at 6:30 this morning. Took her out before leaving for work around 7:30 and once again, she was still dry at 12:30 when I got home! I expect her to have accidents, but we're really hoping she picks up on this like she seems to have. :begging: Broke my heart that she wanted to play when I came home today and I could only spend about 10 extra minutes with her after her lunch and potty breaks. At least she got to burn off some of that energy.

We leave her crate door open when she's bouncing around the house and doing flips after getting a full head of steam on a run, but she's went into her crate on her own 3 times now to take a nap in her bed. Also hope that she's learning that her crate is where she sleeps.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Shes' a pretty girl, enjoy and I hope she continues with the great sleeping pattern....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.