Brutus has a role model!!!!!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
lol so cute - I laugh so hard at the infamous 'shake n bake' incident to this day!

aww Brutus wants to be like Vegas...2 peas in a pod!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] OMG!! that video is adorable!! Vegas is definitely torturing poor Orion on purpose!! how do you separate them when they fight? Aldo and Katara get into fights too, and man, it's tough getting them separated.. once I do I put them in their kennels as well and let them cool off and they are usually good for days before it happens again.. It scares me because it is definitely a real fight when it happens... Because of the incidents we've had with Aldo lunging at the kids and stuff and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]s recommendation I have them on an e-collar, it has worked wonderful and it's almost like they know they have it and they put up their best behavior, so I really haventt had to use it hardly at all.. but just a few days ago I got overconfident with the fact that they are doing better I let Katara out of her crate in the morning and my daughter was petting her, then she wanted to pet Aldo, so I let him out of his kennel and she petted him.. Katara got jeoulous and attacked Aldo... now Aldo is very short fused and before I knew it a massive fight had broken loose.. I secured the girls on the bed and tried to separate them but I ended up just pushing them into the large crate as they fought to sort out on their own.. I couldn't risk them biting off my hand!! once I closed the kennel door they sorted it out.. but.. how do you separate them when they get into a spat? I have now learned not to let them out without their e-collar, better safe than sorry I guess...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Libra926 OMG!! that video is adorable!! Vegas is definitely torturing poor Orion on purpose!! how do you separate them when they fight? Aldo and Katara get into fights too, and man, it's tough getting them separated.. once I do I put them in their kennels as well and let them cool off and they are usually good for days before it happens again.. It scares me because it is definitely a real fight when it happens... Because of the incidents we've had with Aldo lunging at the kids and stuff and @2BullyMamas recommendation I have them on an e-collar, it has worked wonderful and it's almost like they know they have it and they put up their best behavior, so I really haventt had to use it hardly at all.. but just a few days ago I got overconfident with the fact that they are doing better I let Katara out of her crate in the morning and my daughter was petting her, then she wanted to pet Aldo, so I let him out of his kennel and she petted him.. Katara got jeoulous and attacked Aldo... now Aldo is very short fused and before I knew it a massive fight had broken loose.. I secured the girls on the bed and tried to separate them but I ended up just pushing them into the large crate as they fought to sort out on their own.. I couldn't risk them biting off my hand!! once I closed the kennel door they sorted it out.. but.. how do you separate them when they get into a spat? I have now learned not to let them out without their e-collar, better safe than sorry I guess...

If you are alone and that happens... you grab one of the dogs under the hips and pull into the crate -- give firm leave it and do not say either of their names. as I told you when we spoke... it is 24/7 training for them, as soon as you let your guard down they will take advantage

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
If you are alone and that happens... you grab one of the dogs under the hips and pull into the crate -- give firm leave it and do not say either of their names. as I told you when we spoke... it is 24/7 training for them, as soon as you let your guard down they will take advantage
they do not release the bite though; I am afraid if I do that they will bite the chunk off the other dog.. you know? I will try that next time, I hope it will be a while before they do it again... they really have been good puppies, other than the occasional spat between them but I control with vibration only.. that was the only time a full fight arose..

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] OMG!! that video is adorable!! Vegas is definitely torturing poor Orion on purpose!! how do you separate them when they fight? Aldo and Katara get into fights too, and man, it's tough getting them separated.. once I do I put them in their kennels as well and let them cool off and they are usually good for days before it happens again.. It scares me because it is definitely a real fight when it happens... Because of the incidents we've had with Aldo lunging at the kids and stuff and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]s recommendation I have them on an e-collar, it has worked wonderful and it's almost like they know they have it and they put up their best behavior, so I really haventt had to use it hardly at all.. but just a few days ago I got overconfident with the fact that they are doing better I let Katara out of her crate in the morning and my daughter was petting her, then she wanted to pet Aldo, so I let him out of his kennel and she petted him.. Katara got jeoulous and attacked Aldo... now Aldo is very short fused and before I knew it a massive fight had broken loose.. I secured the girls on the bed and tried to separate them but I ended up just pushing them into the large crate as they fought to sort out on their own.. I couldn't risk them biting off my hand!! once I closed the kennel door they sorted it out.. but.. how do you separate them when they get into a spat? I have now learned not to let them out without their e-collar, better safe than sorry I guess...

I'm pretty lucky in the fact that when Orion attacks Vegas...she gets after him, but never once has she bit him. She's more of the "in your face" kind of girl. She's nasty and vocal...but it's all screaming and yelling. But...it's a behavior that I want to stop. We do have a static collar on Orion...and just waving the remote will redirect her attention. She will come flying across the room to jump on him. Vegas is so wobbly on his feet...the force of her coming after him, will knock him over. So..the fight is more of a show of tackle football......without the ball.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.