Chubby or not too chubby?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree a few pounds will make a huge diff. I have finally gotten Cutty skinny as can be. He could gain a pound I think but with his knee I dont wanna do that to him. Trying to keep him right where he is for now which is 47 pounds. I say dont go by the weight but go by the looks. When they lay down they are supposed to look too skinny sort of. I remember thinking Cutty looked too skinny when we got him that is why I say that. He lays down and his tummy is sucked in and his big chest sticks out. Now of course no ribs are showing when he is standing at all. But you can def see where the last rib ends and the tuck is good on him right now.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Tubs is around 62 lbs. He was up to 65 at one point, but I just make sure he has his lovely little waist. He was also the biggest one out of his litter. I feed him a cup of kibble in the morning and a cup at night. If he doesn't eat what I gave him in the morning, I don't give him more at night. The vet had also told me at one point to give him more in the morning and less at night (if he ever had a problem with his weight) because of his activity level. However, he is actually more active at night...LOL.....he sleeps all day (guess what he is doing right now). He also likes fruit (strawberries, bananas, watermelon), those along with veggies would be good treats!!!!!! He does not get any people food (other than fruits) at all. My aunt tried to give him a piece of soft pretzel the other day and I almost took her head off!!! :hahaha:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'll just say it, she's a bit, ahhhh, chubby. But hey so am I right now. :laugh: No seriously I saw two other bullies at my vet's office not long ago and omg they were fat! Not chubby, fat! They looked like mini hippos. :D

@cali baker what do you think? :tease:

ummm...i think she is a tad on the "big boned" side! okay, a little "chubby" is a good description! my guy Tate is a chubby one too. I'm trying to get him down to 60lbs from the 67lbs that he is now. Better for overall health of our precious bulldogs to keep them on a lower weight. How did i know feeding him applewood smoked bacon every now and then would cause him to get chubby? :ashamed:

OP
Lacey28

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Thanks everyone! We go for shots in a month, so I will see how some of the changes I made worked!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Since she is tall... she will weight more than average bully weight, but the tapered waste is what you want to see when looking at her from the position

002vll.th.jpg

We had this issue with Banks... she was up to 70lbs and our vet was NOT happy... we cut her kibble in half (1/2 cup) and substituted the other 1/2 cup with green beans -- she lost the 10 lbs in about 6 wks

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
As everyone knows, I am mama to formerly the heaviest bulldog on the board in Linus. Stella has him beat and he's a male.

You love Stella and Stella loves to eat but yes, she needs to lose a few pounds. At his heaviest, Linus was 83 pounds - and yes, like Stella he is a big bully, but he was also too fat.

We have him down to 75 now and even that little bit makes a huge difference so try a few little things to shave off the weight. I'd still like to get 5 more off of Linus but those have been harder to come by.

She will age better and live longer and be happier as a reward...and what a big reward that is!

Rupert

Mar 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rupert
She looks fine. Little Rupert has a tail too, so he tail wags and butt wiggles! :lol:

IMG_2786.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.