Chubby or not too chubby?

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Stella is 83 lbs and the Vet thinks she is too fat!!! She has always been a big girl and has weighed more then Silva. She was the biggest girl in her litter of 10. I have changed her eating habits recently and made a walk/run a must everyday! :nonono: no more people food! Stella weighs 84 lbs and Silva weighs 59lbs. What do you think?

Bum shot: Notice the height difference
004bus.th.jpg

Silva and Stella

Top view!

Stella (note her long tail it actually wags, so she butts wiggles and wags!) lol

Last edited:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
And thick skined?:lmao:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
She looks OK to me. Wilson was the largest puppy in a litter of nine and he is tall for a bulldog and weighs in at 75 lbs. Vet says as long as he has a tapered waist he's good. He pretty much stays within two pounds up or down of that weight.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You asked....... 83 is too heavy! I think if you could get her down to 70 it would be much more healthy for her. Did her vet give her a target or just say she was too fat? The Vegas Diet that [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] came up with has helped a few bullies loose weight and it seems easy to make. Maybe talk to Cheryl about it.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'll just say it, she's a bit, ahhhh, chubby. But hey so am I right now. :laugh: No seriously I saw two other bullies at my vet's office not long ago and omg they were fat! Not chubby, fat! They looked like mini hippos. :D

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] what do you think? :tease:

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I'll just say it, she's a bit, ahhhh, chubby. But hey so am I right now. :laugh: No seriously I saw two other bullies at my vet's office not long ago and omg they were fat! Not chubby, fat! They looked like mini hippos. :D

@cali baker what do you think? :tease:

almost spit a mouthfull of hot tea all over my monitor when i read "mini hippos" :haha:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Considering even losing 5 lbs can make such a big difference, let's see how she looks when she's down by that much. :)

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
If they are to have an hourglass shape she's heavy :) she has more of a V shape. Kain is a definite hourglass but only 6 months and 28 lbs. I would lighten her load wont be a bad thing for sure either way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Just by cutting out the people food alone should make a difference. Check out the Vegas stew that our vet suggested for Vegas. He was around 68 to 69 pounds a few years ago. Then our vet told us that he was fat. It really ruined my day. I don't think Vegas really cared, until we took away his treats. He only gets frozen green beans..and he loves it.

We don't make him exercise, but the food change and treat change did wonders. He is now between 52 and 55 pounds. He has a nice tapered waist....which I'd never seen before. All my mom's bulldogs are bigger than Mini hippos. Both Vegas and Orion loved the stew....I cut down their food intake to 1/2 cup kibble and all the stew they wanted. Sometimes I'd give them 1 cup of stew sometimes 2 cups of stew. It got to the point where O was looking "too trim". She is so tiny, even 2 pounds makes a difference. We try to keep her between 32 to 35 pounds.
Let me know what you think about it....I'll help if I can. I really think the food change will really help.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.