As Promised "Dublin Swimming"

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Do we have any other swimming bulldog videos??? Would love to see them.Below is the utube link.

Video.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Oh my lord, so wonderful - hoping I can teach my bully as well - you said it was hard, any pointers? We have a place on the lake and I would like to start in this summer getting him aclamated.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh my that is soooooooo cuuuute :heart: Really good swimmer! I havent tried with Brutus yet I know how its gonna go already within 1 min he will be sinking to the bottom and Mama will carry him out! Thats a very nice pool [MENTION=4786]Dubbiedog[/MENTION]

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Well she loved the water from day one so that was the easy part. She doesn't like to swim but we felt it was a necessity with the pool right there. She loves the beach and playing in the water and again would rather not swim so we dont' "make'" her. If you are going to try to get Otis to swim make sure he has at least played in the water first and is comfortable. Then just carry him, holding him very close to you and talk nice to him. hold him like you are pretty much holding him in your picture and gently put him in the water. Don't let him go but move him forward in the water until he is moving his legs. They usually only move the front legs at first. You may have to do this quite a number of times before you attempt to let him go by himself and always be there to "rescue" him before he should sink. you should try to get him used to a life vest first and use that for your first attempts to help him He may feel more confident with the vest and if so then he should always wear it. Always have a life vest if you go out boating on the water. Good luck and have fun

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She was great..... but she did seem tuckered when finished

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Oh that was at the end of her time in the pool. you didnt' see her on her floaty ( laying there like the queen she thinks she is) We just have her swim one length at the end. I think if you had that shape and those short legs, you would be tuckered also LOL She makes a very quick recovery :-)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awww.....and she's built just like my Little Bea....there's hope for water loving Beatrice to learn to swim!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
WOW!! SHe is a great swimmer... and fast tooooo! :<3:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.