JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wonderful refresing pics. How does Dublin do in the water. He's built like my Wilson and he sinks. I like your pool! :up:

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
She does awesome and loves it. My husband taught her to swim pretty early on as we do have the pool and have heard too many horror stories of bullies drowing. It took a while but she can swim the length of the pool and climb out the steps herself. She really like to just hang out on the top step or on the floaty. She loves the beach more. They are defintiely not built for swimming distances but they can learn. Dubbie proves that :-) Wilson is one handsome dude :-)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That's great she can swim, most can I believe but....well you know. They're definately not built for it. They have the bodies of a cinder brick with a head stuck on them....:laugh: We have life jackets for our guys but that's for the lake so they can go in the water. Wilson loves the water but without one he's a goner. My hubby's friend's friend had one that drowned a few years ago, jumped right off their boat in the lake, so sad. :( I have a little girl who's long and lanky, I actually think she'd be able to swim she's so agile. Great pics again! :up:

I love you pics!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bathing beauty by the pool, should be a pin-up girl.

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
We are big time "water people" as I'm sure you can see from all the water pics I post :-) so we felt that for Dublin to be part of all that activity we had to make the effort to have her comfortable with being in or near the water. We never leave her on her own and do have a life jacket for the boat (which she hates LOL ) I have to get a video of her swimming cause you would fall down laughing. she sticks her tounge out and up like a little beacon. It's hilarious :-)

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Dont' think I took as many photos of my two boys when they were little LOL. My husband is worse he is constantly snapping shots.....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
GORGEOUS.... and I have to say, I am somewhat jealous.... awesome bully and pool

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
She's a doll and she looks great by the pool! Looking forward to swimming vids! :D

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
We are big time "water people" as I'm sure you can see from all the water pics I post :-) so we felt that for Dublin to be part of all that activity we had to make the effort to have her comfortable with being in or near the water. We never leave her on her own and do have a life jacket for the boat (which she hates LOL ) I have to get a video of her swimming cause you would fall down laughing. she sticks her tounge out and up like a little beacon. It's hilarious :-)

This is a must! *chanting* vid-e-o! vid-e-o! vid-e-o!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.