Hi! Mr.Bruno and I are Back =)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Poor Bruno! He looks so miserable in those first pictures. I am glad to see you two back and Mr. Bruno looking as handsome and happy as ever now!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Good to see you back. So sorry to hear about the staph. But you taught us something. Thanks for sharing.

Love the family pics in the park.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You answered my question; "There's NOTHING that can be done about it? And they'll ALWAYS get it again?!?!" :eek: Dang! I sure learned something today.

@jortiz9758 - I'm so glad your baby is on the mend. How maddening that must have been, dealing with this.

Kind of like us with bronchitis.... once you get it you are always gonna get it

OP
jortiz9758

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Yes. It really is a pain in the *** to deal with. It has gotten way better and the vet said although he is showing lots of improvement I need to keep him on the antibiotics for another 2 months at least :(
He is on Cipro now.3 a day 250mg each. It is definitely working but man that will be a lot of antibiotics. He said its not a big deal.
To him maybe!!! Oh well. Vet knows best.

OP
jortiz9758

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
c6e4ea86-6620-7dd6.jpg

Here he is just a little while ago. :)

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
So glad you are back [MENTION=1104]jortiz9758[/MENTION]! Just the other day I looked at my little Rio bullie and wondered where you've been! I thought I was missing you because I haven't been on as much either. Poor Bruno! So glad he's looking and feeling better! Such a handsome boy! And great pics of the family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Kind of like us with bronchitis.... once you get it you are always gonna get it

I had no idea. WOW. Staph can be super dangerous too, yes? I mean, isn't that bug a version of the one that was killing people in hospitals?

c6e4ea86-6620-7dd6.jpg

Here he is just a little while ago. :)

Wow! What a difference! He's looking fantastic! Good job dad!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes. It really is a pain in the *** to deal with. It has gotten way better and the vet said although he is showing lots of improvement I need to keep him on the antibiotics for another 2 months at least :(
He is on Cipro now.3 a day 250mg each. It is definitely working but man that will be a lot of antibiotics. He said its not a big deal.
To him maybe!!! Oh well. Vet knows best.

When Nitschke had it he was on 1000mg of Claxomax a day for, I think, 4 weeks both times he had it

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I had no idea. WOW. Staph can be super dangerous too, yes? I mean, isn't that bug a version of the one that was killing people in hospitals?

Not sure....about that, I'll have to hit the google and see if it is

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
There are many strains of staph ... The one you are thinking of is MRSA. It's dangerous to those with low immune systems (especially the elderly and babies) or those who are allergic to certain antibiotics. Only a handful of antibiotics can treat it. It can affect different systems of your body - I had tot on my skin. Thankfully I can take the antibiotics. We have no clue where it came from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.