Hi! Mr.Bruno and I are Back =)

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hi

I know I have been missing for quite a few months. I was having a really bad skin issues with Mr.Bruno. It came all of a sudden. He started getting these little bumps again on his skin. He had them once before and they seemed to go away on their own. This time in a week's time he got a few bumps and by the end of the week I could tell that he had lost some weight and was covered in bumps, lesions and hive like thingies.
I took him to the vet and had the works done on him. No allergies of any kind were found.Blood and thyroid were good. What was found was a really bad Staph infection. The doctor gave me Cephalexin and Cipro to give him. He has been on it for about a month and a half now and is 95% cured. His hair all grew back in the spots that were literally bald, and still has just a few minor little spots left that need to finish growing in. The vet said that it should go away completely but WILL eventually come back...it always does. What he said I need to do is as soon as I see him get one or two bumps to bring him in for the antibiotics =(

Anyway, as I said my boy is doing and looking much better. He is back up to 61 pounds and full of energy. I took him to the park to hang out with us a few days ago.
I have attached a few pictures for you guys to see. The first 3 pics are of him during the week when he had the bumps the worst over a month ago. The rest are of him a few days ago looking much better and hanging with us at our lake.
57c63c39.jpg

b127db80.jpg

f99682f9.jpg

2d2622b4.jpg

8c34d8d3.jpg

103d97aa.jpg

0e4d762c.jpg

4b514ded.jpg

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh wow ... those first few pics are just not the Bruno we have all come to love and adore ... POOR BABY!!!!

I'm just so glad to see him getting back to his normal self!! :luv:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Funny I was just thinking about you guys! That looks very bad, seems worse this time doesn't it? He looks good now, at least you have a plan for the future. Goad you're back!!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey there! He is a handsome boy! Sorry he hasnt being feeling himself..Glad to see things are getting better! Look forward to more pictures :)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Thanks for the pix of the staph infection. Arnold had a few suspect spots that we are thinking was environmental allergies (gone now) but good to have a reference. Sorry your handsome man had to go through that but he is looking fabulous now!!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh poor Bruno!! Those first pictures looked awful!! He is definitely getting back to his handsome self. Bruno :heart::luv:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Lisa, that is funny cuz this last week I was too. Been a while since you have been on but I am glad you are still here. My gosh it looks like you have had your fill of events with Mr Bruno. :( He is looking awesome as ever from the looks of the pics. You know he is one of my all time favs. :love:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So glad Bruno is feeling and looking better!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Glad he is on the road to recovery! He looks like a happy healthy bully again in those last pics! :)

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
So sorry you and Bruno are having to go through all of this. But he is definitely looking much better now... such a handsome bully!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I feel as bad for you as I do for Bruno. It must have been terrible to see him go through this. Well...all better now...and you have some answers from your vet and know what has to be done if it should recur. Glad you've both come thru this and we are looking forward to many more pictures of that handsome guy!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good to have you and Bruno back, plus he is looking great.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great looking bully! Spots and all

Staph is a bitch! Nitschke used to get it a lot too... nothing to prevent it and once they get it just keeps coming back... Antibiotics, strong antibiotics for extend period of time, are the only way to combat it

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
What a great looking bully! Spots and all

Staph is a bitch! Nitschke used to get it a lot too... nothing to prevent it and once they get it just keeps coming back... Antibiotics, strong antibiotics for extend period of time, are the only way to combat it

You answered my question; "There's NOTHING that can be done about it? And they'll ALWAYS get it again?!?!" :eek: Dang! I sure learned something today.

[MENTION=1104]jortiz9758[/MENTION] - I'm so glad your baby is on the mend. How maddening that must have been, dealing with this.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online