I need willpower!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Hope Babygirl is doing ok - and how sweet is that wagon full of bullies! GIMME!

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Hope you get some good news, a heck pick up another dog while your at it lol. They look so good too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Hope Babygirl is feeling better! That wagon full of bullies is too cute, I think I would have had to take one (or two... or the whole wagon) home!!

OP
Fontanafox

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Waited four hours to see a vet. They were short on doctors today.

Cute puppies in a wagon, seven of them and all play biting each other! Momma was so small and bow-legged! I think something was wrong with her knee cuz it didn't look right. I think I always leave the vet depressed because I had to talk myself out of wanting/needing a new puppy.

Not the first time denying myself a new baby. Today there was a mama cat and her three little baby kittens walking along a wall in my yard and a little gray kitten fell off while playing with his siblings. For some reason mama cat didn't pick him up and put him back on the wall. I went out to help and mama and the two remaining kittens disappeared into the shrubbery. It was such a darling little vulnerable thing but my husband said I should just put it back cuz mama cat would come back for it. *sigh* He was right of course but it was so hard cuz it was soooo cute but I did put him back and less than a half hour later mama and all her babies were reunited again. They seem to enjoy coming into my yard and watching all the birds that come to the birdfeeder. I tease him that he's trying to make "brownie points" before he goes to heaven. Those little birds are real gluttons. I can fill that feeder four times a day and it still gets emptied out and I have to sweep up the seed husks from beneath the tree its hanging on. But my husband is retired and he really enjoys watching all the little birdies that come and so... the neighborhood cats love coming to watch them too! :evil:

OK back on track with BabyGirl. Vet says her ears don't look too bad so she just wants me to flush them out every other day and gave me an ear drops. She felt BabyGirls limp is coming from her already diagnosed arthritis and prescribed her a few Deramaxx for now. I decided to have a blood workup done on her as I wondered why it's so hard for her to lose her belly weight. She hasn't been eating very much because of her leg pain and ear pain and yet she still has a pronounced belly. I'll find out tomorrow what the results are. Wondering if it's a thyroid issue. We'll see. Just as I got BabyGirl back in her pen I noticed one of her foot pads was swollen to twice the size of the other. I looked and it closely and it seems as there is a kind of split in her rear paw pad. Wondering if that is the source of her limp *slapping my forehead* -- Should I just soak her foot? I washed it with Hibiclens and sprayed an Antiseptic spray on it. Have any of your bullies had an injured paw pad? ...and how did you treat it? I'd appreciate any advice as I've never had this happen to any of my babies.

Geez, BabyGirl couldn't get out of the vets fast enough today. Practically dragged me back to the van -- had to leave my husband behind to pay the bill. Well, that's the good part. :whistle:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
What a day you had. :whew: And the vet didn't notice her paw pad? Usko had split in his paw pad and was limping because of that. We washed it after walks and put some paw cream on it several times a day. It didn't take a long time to heal.

OP
Fontanafox

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Thanks [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] ...that's reassuring to know the paw pad healed quickly.:)

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
Hope babygirl is doing better! That picture is so cute... I would have gotten into some trouble if id seen them.... Would have gone home with atleast one extra puppy. Lol nothing is cuter than a bulldog puppy!

OP
Fontanafox

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Although the picture doesn't show it. Those puppies had a pink tinge to them...like when you accidentally wash something red in your white load of laundry. I guess it was just their pink skin showing thru but still I've never seen that in bulldog puppies. The owner said they were 6 weeks old. Amazing they managed to stay in that wagon but for how long I wonder...I've seen all kinds of transportation methods at that vets office. Usually people use large laundry baskets which I guess would be easier than a crate or a flimsy cardboard box. More surprising are those people who come to the vets with no leash for their dog. Whut? Surely they can afford at least a leash. I've also seen people with just a piece of rope for a leash. Well as long as they are getting vet care for their pooches I shouldn't overthink it.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.