Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cooper playing on the Swing Set!

Cooper11

Default Re: Cooper playing on the Swing Set!

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    You can't walk him on a leash to potty? Then leave him in the house while out with the baby? I don't understand. Miila gets crazy over the girls swingset so she goes in when they r out if need be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Leave him in the house while out with the baby......No he will go up on the swing set regardless if they are up there or not. And I do go for walks but No I cannot take him for a walk every time he has to potty. What is the difference between me walking him on a leash to go potty vs chaining him....He doesn't not hurt himself. He goes down the step and goes potty and he will sniff around and then come right back in. If I was worried about his safety or him getting hurt by me chaining I would not chain him.... I did not make this thread to have every one jumping me about chaining my dog up. They do sell these chains and such at every pet store and I am sure i am not the only one who chains my dog.

Cooper11

yes he could get hurt by the wire but he can also get hurt running up the deck, running up the steps, jumping from the couch, chasing my other dog....as I said I watch him and I am not worried about him hurting himself on the chain. He has NEVER got his leg caught in the chain or even close to.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I didn't realize your yard wasn't fenced..but I do have a suggestion! My daughter bought one of those big kennel runs with roof..gate..all enclosed. It works great to contains them safely and you can padlock it too!so for a couple hundred bucks it is a safe place for him to hang out and no chain! It's something that breaks down too if you ever move and they ome in different sizes. Hers has a top to keep sun off too...just a suggestion Megan..I've heard of too many dogs hanging themselves in situations no one could foresee. I'm not judging you at all, but now Coop knows about the slide..what if he broke loose and got caught up on something that normally would be okay for him to play on. Sometimes our best intentions turn on us..

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I didn't realize your yard wasn't fenced..but I do have a suggestion! My daughter bought one of those big kennel runs with roof..gate..all enclosed. It works great to contains them safely and you can padlock it too!so for a couple hundred bucks it is a safe place for him to hang out and no chain! It's something that breaks down too if you ever move and they ome in different sizes. Hers has a top to keep sun off too...just a suggestion Megan..I've heard of too many dogs hanging themselves in situations no one could foresee. I'm not judging you at all, but now Coop knows about the slide..what if he broke loose and got caught up on something that normally would be okay for him to play on. Sometimes our best intentions turn on us..
    Yeah we had a privacy fence at our old house...and were planning on getting on here.....Just haven't done it yet and since there are so many kids running around in the back yard from yard to yard I dunno if we will.....And I watch him when he goes out. I don't just chain him and let him go. In the morning when the hubby will let him out he doesn't get chained cuz he is tired and comes right back in...at night he doesn't get chained either cause he is afraid of the dark and won't leave the yard. So he is chained probably 2 times a day that is if I can't go out with him. I know what you are saying Becky My mother in law had a German Shepard hurt her leg because they chained her up. Eventually he won't have to be chained he will learn to stay in the yard. I have done it with all my dogs...I haven't chained all my dogs but i have had good luck with all my dogs learning to stay in the yard. I have also looked into the kennel thing the chain link looking ones???? is that what you are talking about. In the summer it get so Hot and humid here so he will NOT be outside often at all. he will go out and come right back in. Like I said i am well aware of the dangers of him being chained and that is why i watch him. I think he is safer on the chain and has a better chance of getting hit by a car if not on a chain then hurting his leg or something from the chain. I can totally take suggestions and I am open to anything but I posted this video not to say I chain my dog up and have everyone all over me. There are things I don't agree with people doing but that is when I just don't leave a comments. I didn't take your comment at all as being rude.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

And remember you have a ...he ain't never learning nuttin!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Meg I dont think everyone was jumping all over you, just concerned for coops safety. Try not to take it so. I will be watching this thread to make sure it does not get out of hand.

btw I loved seeing coop in seeing all his markings. He sure is pretty!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think anyone is jumping on you, we have had enough grief around here to last us a lifetime. If we didn't care we wouldn't say anything.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    I don't think anyone is jumping on you, we have had enough grief around here to last us a lifetime. If we didn't care we wouldn't say anything.

I totally Understand and I appreciate it! But I think it could have been said differently. Cooper is my baby and I do watch him like a hawk. My son is not a baby he is 2..if he was a baby I pry could trust him more in the house for a couple minutes if he was in crib but he is 2 and naughty!!! Most of the time I take Cooper out and he is not on the chain. Like I said this video was not intended for telling everyone I chain cooper up. I have always had a fenced in yard so I haven't had to worry much about chaining my dogs up. Cooper has only been on the chain a month or so and like I said I watch him ...I have a sliding glass door he goes out onto the deck and I watch him the whole time. Most of the time he goes out pees and come right back in. As I have been told we are texting each other and not saying stuff in person so you have to be careful of what you say and how you say it.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Meg I dont think everyone was jumping all over you, just concerned for coops safety. Try not to take it so. I will be watching this thread to make sure it does not get out of hand.

btw I loved seeing coop in seeing all his markings. He sure is pretty!
    Thanks Lisa! I guess I was just a little shocked at responses I got ...seem nothing was said about the video just them more into the fact I chain my dog up. I want everyone to know I watch him and I do know the risk...

@JAKEISGREAT
    Very Very True!!!!! but Cooper is special

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Yes Cooper is such a glorious looking dog and has very pretty colorings. I'm concerned he will hurt himself falling from the steps though. It's so sad to see a limping dog. It's so worth taking every step to prevent it. I've never chained up any dogs myself cuz I always had an enclosed yard.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanafox View Post
    Yes Cooper is such a glorious looking dog and has very pretty colorings. I'm concerned he will hurt himself falling from the steps though. It's so sad to see a limping dog. It's so worth taking every step to prevent it. I've never chained up any dogs myself cuz I always had an enclosed yard.
    Yeah I know I miss our fenced in yard.... I am so afraid he is going to hurt himself on that swing set...Those stairs are so slanted up I can't even believe he can get up them. And now he has like OCD of getting up those steps every time he goes outside. And I have neighbor kids constantly on the swing set so even if he didn't go up when kids weren't on it...it is impossible to not have kids running around. He gets so excited and hyper when he see the kids and that tunnel slide is his arch nemesis! He has even attemped to go up the rock climb thing on the other side and if he could happen to make it up it he would so fall over the top into the ground. It has a rope on it and He likes tugging t the rope. I really only chain him when I need to...if my son is eating or doing something I can't or don't want to interrupt then I have t chain him. Coop is a jumper as I said before so he is always trying to get on things or jump over them...i think he thinks he is superman.. There isn't much he can get tangled on either he walwas just goes down and does his business cuz he knows he can't leave the yard when he is chained. I have no worried or gotten nervous what so ever with him being tied up.

My 13 year old shih tzu got hit by a car as I stated in a previous post and he really wasn't even on the road he was on the edge of the grass and he was at my aunts house who is in a wheel chair because I was at a holiday think and he LOVED going and seeing her. He was the best dog and so well trained and then that car had to come and hit him. Right after they stopped at a stop sign and then turned my aunts house was right on that turn so they had to have floored it. It was the worst thing ever and I will forever have that imagine of him in my head lying on the ground. He was my baby!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Meg, I didn't realize that your yard was not fenced, now I understand why you need to chain him for potty breaks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads