Kain and his Trickery

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I mentioned before I would upload a video, especially of his 'down' from a distance so here ya go.

We have been busy with yard reno's so I haven't been clicker training the last 2 weeks properly but I was VERY pleased just how much he has retained in that time.

Hope you like it, i'm so blessed for him to be so good.

Video.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Such a clever and handsome boy! Good job! That shows to the people who say that bulldogs are not smart!

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=4305]Vince00[/MENTION] He is so darn cute! He looks so small still, for sure doesn't look 30 lbs!!! He is so smart!! How often when you train our regular training with him how long and how often do you do this....

O and I am so glad you have that fresh water fountain for him to drink out of!!! I am sure you taught him out to push the lever to get the water out too! :)

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
@Vince00 He is so darn cute! He looks so small still, for sure doesn't look 30 lbs!!! He is so smart!! How often when you train our regular training with him how long and how often do you do this....

O and I am so glad you have that fresh water fountain for him to drink out of!!! I am sure you taught him out to push the lever to get the water out too! :)

With his training I basically did about (1) 10-15min session daily for about 1 month for all that you seen here. I have missed regular training over the last week to two weeks so I was very very pleased to see he still has it all.

I'm now going to tackle play dead and try a few "NEW" tricks.

If he is liking the treat performing for it is the easy part, I usually stop the training instead of him being bored which is what I read in other sites during reading.

One trick leads to another, example a simple sit is gotten fairly quickly, once he is doing it on command he happened to have one leg lifted on time so I jumped on it and turned it into high 5, then I moved my hand lower and up instead for 'paw' I only treated when he looks at me with eye contact I want and avoids nipping at my hand. All three Sit, High 5, and paw were within a 2 week period.

Lastly, I only practice one trick per session... example UP and Down to make sure i'm not confusing him.

C

Cooper11

With his training I basically did about (1) 10-15min session daily for about 1 month for all that you seen here. I have missed regular training over the last week to two weeks so I was very very pleased to see he still has it all.

I'm now going to tackle play dead and try a few "NEW" tricks.

If he is liking the treat performing for it is the easy part, I usually stop the training instead of him being bored which is what I read in other sites during reading.

One trick leads to another, example a simple sit is gotten fairly quickly, once he is doing it on command he happened to have one leg lifted on time so I jumped on it and turned it into high 5, then I moved my hand lower and up instead for 'paw' I only treated when he looks at me with eye contact I want and avoids nipping at my hand. All three Sit, High 5, and paw were within a 2 week period.

Lastly, I only practice one trick per session... example UP and Down to make sure i'm not confusing him.

Cooper just gets too excited. He learned how to sit quick but when I tried the others he has no interest. Gracie will sit and stay sitting Cooper will sit and he get impatient and gets up after 5 seconds...and if I try like a shake or lie down he gets right up from the sit and go for my hand thinking maybe there is a treat and there may be but I think he has ADHD :)

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
When I first started I simply started with a 'touch'. I used a screwdriver because I never ordered a target stick yet (screwdriver handle worked just as good (It was yellow)). Move it around have him touch it 'with his nose' and click / treat. Once he associates doing a behavior for a reward you got em where you want him. From the Sit, I simply started with a treat by his nose and pulled down to his front feet, first few times a simple crouch got a reward, after that he actually had to go to the floor, and it got better from there.

Snapple cap for a 'click' and a screwdriver handle and your good to go <lol>

Rules are simple only click the 'wanted' behavior and if you click even by accident always treat no matter what. Vary the time you treat after the click to also allow for distance tricks like stay, and down from a distance so he doesn't come running for the reward instead of waiting.

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
[MENTION=4305]Vince00[/MENTION] He is so darn cute! He looks so small still, for sure doesn't look 30 lbs!!! He is so smart!! How often when you train our regular training with him how long and how often do you do this....

Yeah had him at the vet the other day with another fever if you can believe it, not sure if it was a side affect from switching food but shouldn't have been related. Anyway he was 27 lbs so my wife weighing him was 3 lbs heavier than I thought.

He sure fees 30 lbs lifting him up lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Kain is a gorgeous, gorgeous good boy! He makes my hounds here look like unruly monsters. :yes:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Good job! He is sooo smart and I can tell your time spent training him has paid off big time. All Tank can do is "sit" and "off" LOL

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Reading posts on here makes me realize how much more I need to do lol. I need to practice around more dogs now and see how he does, so far we stop to see them all because it's rare so we socialize with them.

Forgot to show leave it in the videos also :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is so good...... and adorable

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Great job with Kain :luv: The little Fru Fru needs to learn too..... Just to stay out from under your feet if nothing else.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.