Gracie Working Out......Welll.........kinda

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
@GRACIE11 hang in there sweety it must be hard not to give her treats she is sooo darn cute :love:[/QUOTE]

She thinks her allergy pill is a treat!

OP
C

Cooper11

Yeah she is a bit chubberific! But it's good she's losing the weight young. :) when she gets into shape she'll probably out run everybody! ;)

:hmm: aaaaaaa........:blink: .........out run???? :blink:

[MENTION=4285]GRACIE11[/MENTION] I can't watch this video without laughing!! I wish every one knew Gracie's personality cause that make it even funnier.....O and let me guess......:hmm: ......the camera adds 10 lbs!!!! :yes:

Last edited:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Aww she has some love rolls, just like me :laugh:. It's so damn hard when they are giving you the "woe is me eyes" and begging for some food. With some patience and time she will lose some weight. Everytime I see the vet, he has cautioned me about watching Raven's weight. He said bullies are just predispositioned to be "love lumps".

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
lol Cutty lost his weight fast once I started really measuring it out and not giving even 1 piece extra. Snacks? only veggies. Worked wonders. He only needed to lose a couple but he did it that way. Now if someone would come measure my meals out for me I would be set. lmao Mugsy now has to lose 1 pound, which for his size def shows. So he is now getting less food in his measuring cup. It is hard to know how much to give so if you dont see a change after a couple weeks start doing just a tad less. This is how I have done it anyhow. Once you find that right amount you are home free. So much better for their hips, heart and now I know overheating as well. Gracie and Coop are both adorable!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Mandy was tall and overweight when she arrived here. I put her on a green bean diet, I have a thread here somewhere I need to find it but I can't cuz I am on my iPod. She lost 10lbs and has been great ever since!

Another thing is you may want to have her thyroid checked.... Weight gain is a common symptom.

I must add that I do love a chunky bully and she is so beautiful!!! But for her long term health, it is best to nip this in the bud now before it's too late.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
wow, gracie is very cute. cutting back on her food will help. Watson was free feeding and he was pretty fat and could hardly run. I cut him back to 3/4 cups twice a day around 7 months. He lost all of his extra weight. Now he is back up to 1 cup twice a day or the past month and he still looks about the right weight

OP
C

Cooper11

wow, gracie is very cute. cutting back on her food will help. Watson was free feeding and he was pretty fat and could hardly run. I cut him back to 3/4 cups twice a day around 7 months. He lost all of his extra weight. Now he is back up to 1 cup twice a day or the past month and he still looks about the right weight

[MENTION=4285]GRACIE11[/MENTION] Read This over and over and do what he says I will also be asking lisa about this green bean diet! :yes:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes the Vegas stew is fabulous and Gracie would:love: it. My boys were in heaven when I tried it. My problem is I have my hands full with feedings and the girls so I got too lazy to keep it up.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree with[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION], one you get there you can give back more food and you will be able to see it in their tummy if you go too much almost instantly. Cutty was cut back to a level scoop of 3/4 cup also, 2x a day. Worked wonders. now he gets a heaping 3/4 and he maintains well on that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
@GRACIE11 how old is she now...just wondring about the puppy food cos the high protein can be bad for them and bullys are usually switched to adult food a lot earlier than other breeds because of this. I was late and didnt switch Lucy until around 8 months my vet mentioned it then as she was a little er shall we say podgy :rofl: After that switch to adult food her weight did start to drop along with the help of added exercise. :hug:
She is 8 months and 1 week I'm switching her to Fromm four star. She still has about half of her Fromm puppy food left.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
@GRACIE11 how old is she now...just wondring about the puppy food cos the high protein can be bad for them and bullys are usually switched to adult food a lot earlier than other breeds because of this. I was late and didnt switch Lucy until around 8 months my vet mentioned it then as she was a little er shall we say podgy :rofl: After that switch to adult food her weight did start to drop along with the help of added exercise. :hug:

good point, I switched Watson to adult food around 7months as well and it helped with his weight loss.

Members online

No members online now.