Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gracie Working Out......Welll.........kinda

Cooper11

Default Re: Gracie Working Out......Welll.........kinda

Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    wow, gracie is very cute. cutting back on her food will help. Watson was free feeding and he was pretty fat and could hardly run. I cut him back to 3/4 cups twice a day around 7 months. He lost all of his extra weight. Now he is back up to 1 cup twice a day or the past month and he still looks about the right weight
    @GRACIE11 Read This over and over and do what he says I will also be asking lisa about this green bean diet!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Here is the topic about the green bean diet:

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...-3-months.html

The title sounds like a bad infomercial, I know!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yes the Vegas stew is fabulous and Gracie would it. My boys were in heaven when I tried it. My problem is I have my hands full with feedings and the girls so I got too lazy to keep it up.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I agree with@Watson, one you get there you can give back more food and you will be able to see it in their tummy if you go too much almost instantly. Cutty was cut back to a level scoop of 3/4 cup also, 2x a day. Worked wonders. now he gets a heaping 3/4 and he maintains well on that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie Mae "The Diva"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious View Post
    @GRACIE11 how old is she now...just wondring about the puppy food cos the high protein can be bad for them and bullys are usually switched to adult food a lot earlier than other breeds because of this. I was late and didnt switch Lucy until around 8 months my vet mentioned it then as she was a little er shall we say podgy After that switch to adult food her weight did start to drop along with the help of added exercise.
    She is 8 months and 1 week I'm switching her to Fromm four star. She still has about half of her Fromm puppy food left.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious View Post
    @GRACIE11 how old is she now...just wondring about the puppy food cos the high protein can be bad for them and bullys are usually switched to adult food a lot earlier than other breeds because of this. I was late and didnt switch Lucy until around 8 months my vet mentioned it then as she was a little er shall we say podgy After that switch to adult food her weight did start to drop along with the help of added exercise.
    good point, I switched Watson to adult food around 7months as well and it helped with his weight loss.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    aaaaaaa........ .........out run????

@GRACIE11 I can't watch this video without laughing!! I wish every one knew Gracie's personality cause that make it even funnier.....O and let me guess...... ......the camera adds 10 lbs!!!!
    Welll, I was trying to cheer her on, just like I would a fat girl trying to do gymnastics! Heh heh!
    My Dogs Can Lick Anyone

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Awww, cutest workout video I have ever seen! I made Frank watch it so he knows what to do during his exercise time!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie Mae "The Diva"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Biogirl71 View Post
    Awww, cutest workout video I have ever seen! I made Frank watch it so he knows what to do during his exercise time!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yes! The Vegas stew diet. I took Vegas to the vet because I thought he had a problem with his ACL. He was always limping and favoring the same leg. The Dr I saw suggested this stew and said it was originally intended to help humans with weight loss. Both Vegas and Orion LOVED it. I had them down to 1/2 cup a day and supplementing the feedings with a lot of stew. No gas from either of them. Vegas, at his heaviest was pushing 69 pounds. When he was diagnosed with pneumonia on Halloween...I remember this so clearly.....we were told he was not allowed outside. This was going to be his first year trick or treating in our neighborhood wearing his devil costume. He had an appointment that day, so we dressed him up for the occasion. They had him step on the scale and he weighed 66.6 pounds. He was just over a year old. So....back to the weight loss story. Within a few months of only monitoring his food intake and giving him ONLY green beans for treats..Vegas is now a healthy 52 pounds. More importantly..he hasn't limped since the weight loss. He has maintained this weight for OVER 2 years. He has been off the diet for over a year.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    Yes! The Vegas stew diet. I took Vegas to the vet because I thought he had a problem with his ACL. He was always limping and favoring the same leg. The Dr I saw suggested this stew and said it was originally intended to help humans with weight loss. Both Vegas and Orion LOVED it. I had them down to 1/2 cup a day and supplementing the feedings with a lot of stew. No gas from either of them. Vegas, at his heaviest was pushing 69 pounds. When he was diagnosed with pneumonia on Halloween...I remember this so clearly.....we were told he was not allowed outside. This was going to be his first year trick or treating in our neighborhood wearing his devil costume. He had an appointment that day, so we dressed him up for the occasion. They had him step on the scale and he weighed 66.6 pounds. He was just over a year old. So....back to the weight loss story. Within a few months of only monitoring his food intake and giving him ONLY green beans for treats..Vegas is now a healthy 52 pounds. More importantly..he hasn't limped since the weight loss. He has maintained this weight for OVER 2 years. He has been off the diet for over a year.
    @GRACIE11 Listen to them Vicki!!! I started the green bean diet for gracie yesterday.... And I worked her out. I made her walk and made her run and she will do it if you push her....she slows down like she is tired and basically makes me drag her but then my other dog would come running by her and she would run to get him and then she would slow down again. I pushed her and she did a good job. My mom was yelling at me cause she says Gracie has a hurt leg....she has a hurt leg cause she is fat and stiff....she limps if she sits or lays for a long time and if she walks alot...I didn't notice her limping during her "workout" I told her I am going to make Gracie walk everyday and if mymom feeds her more than what I tell her I am going to take Gracie and keep her till I am done with her...My mom fed fed her yesterday morning a little less than a cup and I fed her a handfull or 2 of kibble around 6 or so and then she got 3/4 cup of frozen green beans. i told my mom she could give her like small handful of kibble when they got hom because if Gracie has an empty tummy at night she throws up in the morning and we have learned she needs somthing in her tummy and that solves the problem. I called and asked her how much she gave her and I could tell she was lying to me @GRACIE11 and then she is like well she is hungry!!!! It is pointless for me to do it and to walk her if my mom won't stick to the diet. gracie is big and she gets tired quick. She weighs 50 but she has the body that should weigh 40....she has the more Compaq body so at 50 she looks like a big pig!!! No lie!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Don't force her. This is kinda scaring me. Vegas was able to drop the weight by food alone. Bulldogs are non-working dogs. Walking them is great, but too much too soon might not be the safest way to go about it. Let the diet work for now. Once she is at a healthier weight...maybe running and playing will be easier. Too much activity at an unhealthy weight can cause stress to the joints...oh and the ACL!! She is still a puppy...so give her time. It took Vegas 4 to 5 months to drop the weight on the stew alone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads