Howard is a giant at 14 weeks!

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334604436.940900.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334604475.312271.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334604515.098060.jpg
Glad to see another big pup! I want to see pictures of Tank!

Here is my BIG baby. I just love him soooo much! It's going to be interesting when he no longer can sit in/on my lap LOL

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Wow that's what I have to look forward to that would be awesome Bongo is almost 11lbs at 12 weeks. He does look like he has some st.bernard or bernese mountain dog with those huge cool ears. How much did he weigh at 12 weeks and how much do you feed him per day?

OP
Howardsmom

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
Wow that's what I have to look forward to that would be awesome Bongo is almost 11lbs at 12 weeks. He does look like he has some st.bernard or bernese mountain dog with those huge cool ears. How much did he weigh at 12 weeks and how much do you feed him per day?

I know he weighed 19 pounds at 11 weeks so maybe a little over 20 at 12 weeks I think. Right now he is getting around 3 1/4 cups of Blue Buffalo puppy split into 3 feedings. He doesn't get a lot of treats between meals at all. And sometimes he might get a bit extra of our other dogs food before we stop him (but we are pretty careful about that). I think its an OK amount according to the feeding guides on the bag. Howard's got rolls but I wouldn't call him fat - I can feel his ribs and he has a waist - he is just plain big! He has a puppy shot appointment tomorrow so I'll get a more accurate weight then and let you know. And also if they say anything about his size/weight. Howard weighed 8 pounds at 6 weeks old when I got him. He's gained around 2 pounds a week since then, steadily. And he had a pure white brother who was even bigger!!! By the way - I think Bongo is just adorable!

OP
Howardsmom

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Your baby is very handsome, too! I was teasing my husband the other day, telling him we were going to have to remodel the bathroom and get one of those Tubs that had a door, cause I wasn't sure how I would get Tank in the tub when he is full grown :) Luckily he is VERY food oriented so a treat always convinces him to come, follow, stay etc...because he is almost too big to pick up, too! Too bad our boys aren't close enough to play together. I know they'd have fun!

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
. Right now he is getting around 3 1/4 cups of Blue Buffalo puppy split into 3 feedings

Wow of I feed Bongo 2 cups a day split in 3 and that's according to the bag on the Orijen puppy for his size and weight. I guess cause howard was bigger he would be on a different scale than bongo. It sounds like it's in his genes that's awesome you could breed them and call the Giant English bulldogs lol.

OP
Howardsmom

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
Howard went in for his shots today and he does weight 25 pounds!! They said his size/weight was fine but that I could cut back on his feeding. They said the bag always tells you to feed more than they really need. They suggested going to two meals a day. Not sure how I feel about that.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I know he weighed 19 pounds at 11 weeks so maybe a little over 20 at 12 weeks I think. Right now he is getting around 3 1/4 cups of Blue Buffalo puppy split into 3 feedings. He doesn't get a lot of treats between meals at all. And sometimes he might get a bit extra of our other dogs food before we stop him (but we are pretty careful about that). I think its an OK amount according to the feeding guides on the bag. Howard's got rolls but I wouldn't call him fat - I can feel his ribs and he has a waist - he is just plain big! He has a puppy shot appointment tomorrow so I'll get a more accurate weight then and let you know. And also if they say anything about his size/weight. Howard weighed 8 pounds at 6 weeks old when I got him. He's gained around 2 pounds a week since then, steadily. And he had a pure white brother who was even bigger!!! By the way - I think Bongo is just adorable!

Sounds a lot like my guy - he was gaining almost half a pound a day around that age for 2 weeks (gotta figure it was a growth spurt) and now he's leveled out at 25 pounds. His chest got bigger but he's stayed lean through the lower belly and hips. I feed my guy 2x per day, 1 cup at each feeding and he doesn't mind a bit.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is so handsome ... all the wrinkles!!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Howard is a big boy but seriously stinkin' cute! He's one of those pups that you want to baby talk from across a yard so you can see his jowels flap while he runs to you. That is one cute boy you have there!!! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.